The Student Room Group

How do I fix 'insufficient space on device' issue?

I keep getting 'Error while downloading. There is insufficient space on the device'. After getting rid of a bunch of apps, and unsure that my Galaxy S4 really was lacking space, I uninstalled iPlayer, and found when trying to reinstall it immediately after through the play store, I got the same message. What's up with my phone?
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Delete some ****.
Original post by alow
Delete some ****.

Took the words right out of my mouth...
Original post by alow
Delete some ****.

Did my post not make sense
I said I had already done that. I even uninstalled bbc iplayer, before trying to reinstall that same app... and I got the same message. Something on my phone is not quite right...
If you can't or don't want to delete anything then have you looked to see whether it's got a micro SD card slot? That would add extra space.
Finally I get to share what happened to me omg.

So I had the same problem, and I kept trying to delete apps and stuff but nothing was working for significant space.

There's a folder in Photos called Trash. Go to it, and you'll see that everything you've ever deleted is still in it. For me, that created like 2GB of space. Told a friend as well, and it fixed her problem as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GlitterandGold-x
Did my post not make sense
I said I had already done that. I even uninstalled bbc iplayer, before trying to reinstall that same app... and I got the same message. Something on my phone is not quite right...

No, you just need to delete more ****. Not rocket science. How the frig have you filled up a phone anyway?
Original post by Mad Vlad
No, you just need to delete more ****. Not rocket science. How the frig have you filled up a phone anyway?

How has what I said so far not made sense? If I uninstall an app on my phone (in this case iplayer) and free up 22mb of space... then attempt to reinstall it immediately afterwards (requiring 22mb of space) and get an 'insufficient space' message, then the issue clearly is not a lack of space.
Anyhow, I went back into the play store today and it seems to be letting me download again. And I've not had to delete anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending