The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Any questions for a current student?

This thread is inactive. There's a thread similar so I suggest going to that one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Any regrets looking back at your first semester?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Well, I just wish I got a bit more involved with the events at the student union. Because I'm not staying in halls, it means that travelling to the campus can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, especially when you're tired and things. But nonetheless, I still managed to meet a few people in classes and in societies. :smile:
Reply 3
How long much time do you need to get to the Campus?
I already read about the broad range of different societies, that really sound interesting.
Reply 4
Well it usually takes me about half an hour to get there by bus (there's two different kind of buses I can get depending on which end of campus I'm trying to reach), but if I get a taxi it only takes like 10 minutes.

But yeah, the societies are really good. I'm involved in the music society (secretary of the committee- woo go me!) so you might see us kicking about at Fresher's Fayre promoting our different groups and stuff.

I think there's even a bartending society too which sounds cool :biggrin:
I have quite a few questions, sorry that it's so many. I have been looking for something like this for a while, so thank you for starting this thread :smile:.

What are some good places to visit?
What kind of stuff is there to do?
What is the social life like? (Extremely nervous about making friends :frown:)
Is it difficult to find some sort of part time job?
What is it like being part of a society?
Are the facilities in the university good?
What is the application process like?
Why did you pick Dundee?
Reply 6
Original post by AquaDuck
So I put up this thread so that you could ask anything about what it's like at Dundee. When I was applying last year, I couldn't see anything like this...

Original post by everything1177
I have quite a few questions, sorry that it's so many. I have been looking for something like this for a while, so thank you for starting this thread :smile:.

What are some good places to visit?
What kind of stuff is there to do?
What is the social life like? (Extremely nervous about making friends :frown:)
Is it difficult to find some sort of part time job?
What is it like being part of a society?
Are the facilities in the university good?

Actually, there is a very extensive FAQ for exactly that purpose pinned to the top of the Dundee Uni forum :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
... Well then I guess this thread is inactive now then. :rolleyes:
Original post by AquaDuck
... Well then I guess this thread is inactive now then. :rolleyes:

Hello, thank for your thread:smile:. Could you tell us something about the class size(for first year life sciences)?
Do you ever find that with Dundee being quite a small city you feel a bit limited for things to do or penned in?
Original post by danielwaring
Do you ever find that with Dundee being quite a small city you feel a bit limited for things to do or penned in?

Not really. You need to consider that they majority of people actually live in much smaller cities and towns and with about 150,000 inhabitants Dundee is considered a relatively large city. If you're moving here from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham or London you'd naturally consider it small, but I grew up in a town of 20,000 people :biggrin: Furthermore Dundee is rapidly developing at the moment. The whole waterfront regeneration is stimulating the economy big time.

And you can always go to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a day, it's just about an hour by train. Beautiful tranquil St Andrews is about half an hour by bus.
Original post by Sir Fox
Not really. You need to consider that they majority of people actually live in much smaller cities and towns and with about 150,000 inhabitants Dundee is considered a relatively large city. If you're moving here from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham or London you'd naturally consider it small, but I grew up in a town of 20,000 people :biggrin: Furthermore Dundee is rapidly developing at the moment. The whole waterfront regeneration is stimulating the economy big time.

And you can always go to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a day, it's just about an hour by train. Beautiful tranquil St Andrews is about half an hour by bus.

Okay that sounds fine as im from a small village of about 300 people ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending