The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Pashtuns, do you want a Pashtunistan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loyafghanistan
pakistan wont let pashtunistan be, as it will leave Pakistan nothing more then a slither on the map, believe me when i say they will not let it go without a fight, there is only one way a dream of this magnitude can become reality, Afghanistan must play its part in fighting for the land that Pakistan heinously stole and is occupying, the only true Pashtun people who will make this dream come to true are the Taliban, once they force out the invaders (america) inshallah they will, i hope they can bring resolution to this subject

Lol, you know nothing and you are deluded. Who do you think it was that made the Taliban, funded it and continues to shelter it ..... It was Pakistan! You think the Taliban who are the slaves of the ISI would want to or be succesful in making a United Pashtun land. The Taliban are evil pigs that massacre thousands of innocent people yearly yet you try to portray them as some type of Salvation group. I'm surprised you don't know this but the main obstacle in the way of a peaceful Pashtun land IS THE TALIBAN who are funded and supported by the Pakistani ISI.

WAKE UP! You are blinded by your hatred and you can't see who the real enemy is. The ones who have been slaughtering innocents without a moments thought.
Seeing Central Asian Muslims fight each other on TSR (and on the Internet in general) is hilarious.
Original post by undergroundracle
Also basing a nation on DNA similarity, history and culture (loy Afghanistan) to me makes a lot more sense than basing a country solely on religion (pakistan). Once again you try to justify the existence of a country that has accomplished next to nothing in terms of its size and population and one that was founded upon an extremely illogical concept (if Pakistan is Muslim India) then why should Baluchis and Pashtuns (non Indians) have to live in it..

You are insane, ridiculous, racist and appear to know nothing about Pakistan.
Pakistan has accomplished a tremendous amount and while we have our fair share of poverty and bad governments, its a bit rich coming from you.

India is not an ethnic group, and during the time of the Raj it wasn't a nation, so your rants are extremely illogical. It was a British empire that stretched from Pashtun lands to Burma. Everyone of these people were British Indian subjects at the time. I dont know why you are so fixated on calling us Punjabis as Indian. Its not even insulting because unlike you, we don't hate our neighbors for racist reasons. If you haven't noticed, we are all brown and clearly related to each in other in some way. Its extremely delusional and illogical to pretend that Pashtuns and Punjabis dont share history. Yes, Punjabis share traits with their neighbors to the North, West, South and East. Its normal and its called Human migration. Also happens to apply to whatever mix of Afghans that you claim is one ethnicity.

As for Pakistan, we represent the majority of Punjabis, Pashtuns, Sindhis and Baluchis in the world. All of these historic cultures are native to the land of Pakistan and they all voted to create Pakistan. I dont expect you to understand this.

Original post by undergroundracle
Furthermore a united Pakistan and Afghanistan would make little sense or promise any merit. There would be severe ethnic tensions and a civil war based on ethnic lines would only be a matter of time. It would make more sense for Eastern Pakistan to reunite with India..

Pakistans has the world largest group of Punjabis and Pashtuns within their borders, and add Hazaras and Balucis too....no civil war and there never will be one.

I have a question for the Durand treaty experts in here. Lets say Durand line gets voided. What will happen? It would just mean that there is no border anymore. Not like it would matter since the Afghan government barely controls anything outside Kabul, but why on earth do you guys think that a new imaginary line will appear on the Indus?? I thought we didnt care for British borders, and if I recall, there was no border between Punjab and Afghanistan during Mughal era or Durrani era. Its one thing that you want to remove the Durand line. Its another thing that you will create a new border that has never existed before. Good luck.
Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?
It would be nice but it would be very hard
The idea to unite all Pashtuns and restore our culture sounds great and to thrive for, but the process seems a little daunting; however saying that, if the Kurds can do it we can too.
Yeah
Original post by silaiestatira
Unsurprisingly, I agree with most of what you have said but I believe that you aren't that well versed in the politics of that region (not to worry- most people aren't) to understand that an ethnic people separated by a border pact that expired in the 90's is one of the contributing reasons towards the problems faced by people on both sides of the border.

Education is the key to success and, unfortunately, the Pashtuns have been denied it for most of their history. I am a firm believer in self determination because, naturally, when an ethnic people are in a majority - both in government and population wise (in a corrupt part of the world with no natural order)- they are going to want the best for their people and put their people first. The Pashtuns (and balochis) are an ethnic minority and have been, for too long, oppressed and taken advantage of.

Not many people have been aware of Pakistan's recent military operation in Waziristan (a region that I spent my earliest childhood years in.) The Pakistan government launched an operation that aimed to target North Waziristan exclusively and harshly. More than a million Pashtuns have been displaced from their home because of the operation. My family only returned recently to find their homes almost destroyed and many of their personal belongings lost (not to mention the countless deaths in the same family.) The Taliban were inspired by this same operation to stage their attack on my homeland of Peshawar; they wanted revenge for the innocents killed in that area by the army. Obviously this isn't an excuse for the poor young innocent children killed by those savages but it doesn't make sense for the Pakistani goverment to then respond to the Peshawar attack by increasing the intensity of their operation in Waziristan.

An interesting (and true) comment I read on a Guardian article just recently summed up Pakistan's involvement in supporting the Taliban (other than the claim that they gave refuge to Osama.)
"Pakistan has supported the training, financing, and arming of the Taliban since the Taliban emerged as a fighting force in Afghanistan in late 1995. Their double game of taking US aid to "fight" the Afghanistan Taliban while supporting the insurgency is well known and documented. When you support an insurgency that accounts for 75% of the civilian casualties in Afghanistan, this will come back to bite you eventually"

Obviously it's all well and good pointing the finger and blaming everyone but yourself; the problem is internal as well as external but to go forwards, we need a stable region and educated people, something I personally see as undo able without the people from that region getting their wish - to be united under one nation and managing their own affairs. One only needs to look at the wishes of the neighbouring province in Pakistan of Balochistan (who want virtually the same thing) to understand how fragmented and divided Pakistan is as a country. Balochis complain that their land contributes the most to the country, economically because they are rich in resources, but get's the least back financially. They, like the pashtuns, complain of being alienated and ignored in a country they are meant to call their own, where the culture and language that is put forward isn't their own. I have virtually nothing in common culturally with my punjabi friends (whom I love dearly) but yet their culture is the "face of Pakistan"

Obviously, one can argue that the "notion" on which Pakistan was founded was a country united by religion, not ethnicity, but no matter how beautiful that concept sounds, realistically it is unimplementable and that is evident when we look at that area today. In Waziristan (as well as some in KPK and most in Balochistan) most deny being Pakistani and express an immense hate towards it, which is understandable considering that Pashtuns have always been known historically as ethnic afghans and when the same country they are supposed to belong to has killed them in millions.

We could blame a lot of things, specifically the old British empire's desire for creating problems by drawing random borders wherever they want to, specifically the infestation of the Taliban in that region, specifically ISI's use of proxies in funding the Taliban, specifically Pakistan's recklessness in their war against the Taliban and killing thousands of innocent Pashtuns in the process, we need to do something.

At the end of the day, if the people want the right to self determinate themselves then they should have it and not be stopped. As a Pashtun/Afghan Scot, I want independence for both of my people (albeit for maybe different reasons)

Education is the key, yes, but it's been robbed from the Pashtuns because, in the eyes of the Pakistani goverment, they don't deserve it. Education is a right,yes, but so is being allowed to govern yourself. For the Pashtuns to move forward, they need to have their future in their hands and not someone elses.

so youre pakistani basically
Pakistan needs to get rid of all satanic forms that secularism is deriving from and any western propaganda brainwashing media there is

Jinns and Satan's army run the internet
Reply 170
Too many bigots on this post. All kpk should return to Afghanistan and so should Balochistan to end this arguing! So stupid. One day it will and that'll be for the best treatment on both sides. Seeing as Pashtuns have absolutely no affiliation with other groups in Pakistan as they are of eastern iranian decent.
Reply 171
Original post by The Dictator
Seeing Central Asian Muslims fight each other on TSR (and on the Internet in general) is hilarious.

Punjabis aren't central Asians though FAR from it they're northern Indian like the rest of northern india so it makes sense as one is Indic Punjabi and one is an eastern iranian peoples Pashtuns who have more in common with other iranian groups like Persians, tajiks, even western Iranian people's like the Kurds. Pashtuns are completely different to Punjabis genetically, ethnically, linguistically, culturally and traditionally e.c.t. KPK shouldn't be part of Pakistan. Pakistan is built for desi's who are northern Indians such as Punjabis, Sindhis, Kashmiris, gujjaraties, Rajput's ect.

Edit: I am only saying this to educate and some might find this offensive very sensitive individuals but I was purely pointing out that Pashtuns genetically have no ties whatsoever to northern Indians like punjabis that goes for Punjabis in Pakistan and India they are both practically the SAME people.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending