The Student Room Group

Laptop for College

Hi, I'll be starting college this year at Peter Symonds and I am looking to get a new laptop. How much do you tend to rely on laptops at college?

The courses I am hoping to take are economics, maths, further maths and English language and literature. If there is any advice you have about laptops or college life in general please let me know.

Thank you.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Pingu17
Hi, I'll be starting college this year at Peter Symonds and I am looking to get a new laptop. How much do you tend to rely on laptops at college?

The courses I am hoping to take are economics, maths, further maths and English language and literature. If there is any advice you have about laptops or college life in general please let me know.

Thank you.

You can pretty much get any laptop you like... There's really no specifics
I go to Symonds and the library (Ashurst) has plenty of laptops and desktop computers for you to use, and I actually wouldn't recommend taking a laptop into college. You can't take the laptops from the library, but if you really want to work then you don't need to! If you have any questions about Symonds, feel free to message me :smile:
I had a little Chromebook. It's basic but it does the job - it comes with a version of Word, is extremely fast and can't get viruses because it uses a Google operating system not Microsoft. Plus it's less than £250
hey I'm starting this year too and am getting the hp stream x360 it has a touch screen and can be flipped into tablet style :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest