The Student Room Group

How can I stop being critical

Alli I do is upset people without thinking and it makes me then later angry because I upset people especially my mother takes criticsm very badly and then I feel so guilty as she is the person I love most but hurt the most I want to say sorry but she is angry still how can i make her realise i did not mean my hurtful words? I love her so much but she is like fire and i am like water she is very social and likes to have fun I am more calm sharp and serious she thinks i am like an old women because I never have fun.
Original post by Maria1812
Alli I do is upset people without thinking and it makes me then later angry because I upset people especially my mother takes criticsm very badly and then I feel so guilty as she is the person I love most but hurt the most I want to say sorry but she is angry still how can i make her realise i did not mean my hurtful words? I love her so much but she is like fire and i am like water she is very social and likes to have fun I am more calm sharp and serious she thinks i am like an old women because I never have fun.

What do you say to her that makes her upset?
Although some people don't respond well to it, I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with being critical, other than it being very pessimistic sometimes.

There's a difference to being critical, and being hurtful. You have the right to have an opinion, and people can get upset if they don't agree with you. That's their problem, not yours.

Quick Reply

Latest