The Student Room Group

How to get an interview with Cineworld

Basically asking anyone who is currently working there. I have applied many time but I always get rejected and I don't know why. I love films and would love to work there but I never get invited to an interview.

I have only one previous experience (working in a shop) is that not enough experience they are looking for? Do I need to have more experience to be considered? I can work 4 days a week and I am currently studying for my HND (going onto university next year) is that enough? is there a standard that needs to be met?

There is a new cineworld opening near my house and they are having an open day where you hand in your CV and I would love to work there. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or put on my CV which can help me get at least an interview. My CV is pretty good, lecturers in my college have looked at it and helped me with it so its not like its of a low standard.

So can anyone tell me what they are looking for that I don't have?

Scroll to see replies

A covering letter expresses why you want to work there and why your skills would make you an instant assest to the company.
My friend applied as well, he has a lot of experience in supervising positions as well, yet got rejected twice. I think it might be due to the available hours he listed - they might prefer a person who is able to start at 10 am or whenever they open and stay until 3 am. That's the only explanation I can think of.
If you have any luck in the future, let us know how you managed to do it :biggrin:
Original post by czechmishaout
My friend applied as well, he has a lot of experience in supervising positions as well, yet got rejected twice. I think it might be due to the available hours he listed - they might prefer a person who is able to start at 10 am or whenever they open and stay until 3 am. That's the only explanation I can think of.
If you have any luck in the future, let us know how you managed to do it :biggrin:

Thanks, a lot of people have been saying to me that it's just about what hours you can do, which is a bit **** for me. Can I ask how many hours your friend put down that he could do?
Original post by SirMasterKey
A covering letter expresses why you want to work there and why your skills would make you an instant assest to the company.

I never even thought about handing in a cover letter but will now that you've mentioned it. Thanks
Original post by SaraSHFB
Thanks, a lot of people have been saying to me that it's just about what hours you can do, which is a bit **** for me. Can I ask how many hours your friend put down that he could do?

He put 15 hours, I think, but offered multiple days. Honestly, I don't know how he expected to get it since he put down that he wanted to finish at 10 pm...
Original post by czechmishaout
He put 15 hours, I think, but offered multiple days. Honestly, I don't know how he expected to get it since he put down that he wanted to finish at 10 pm...

I see, not feeling very confident now, don't think I have enough free hours for them :frown: might as well still give it a try though
Reply 7
Basically asking anyone who is currently working there. I have applied many time but I always get rejected and I don't know why. I love films and would love to work there but I never get invited to an interview.

I have only one previous experience (working in a shop) is that not enough experience they are looking for? Do I need to have more experience to be considered? I can work 4 days a week and I am currently studying for my HND (going onto university next year) is that enough? is there a standard that needs to be met?

There is a new cineworld opening near my house and they are having an open day where you hand in your CV and I would love to work there. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or put on my CV which can help me get at least an interview. My CV is pretty good, lecturers in my college have looked at it and helped me with it so its not like its of a low standard.

So can anyone tell me what they are looking for that I don't have?

Any chance you are talking about Silverburn? I know the feeling, I have applied for the one in Glasgow city centre AT LEAST 25 times. I got called for an interview the very first time, but I didn't get it. :frown:
I don't know to be honest, my sister has an english degree and got rejected. It's unfortunate, but employers can be so fussy these days. Maybe it is the hours.
Original post by stefan91
Any chance you are talking about Silverburn? I know the feeling, I have applied for the one in Glasgow city centre AT LEAST 25 times. I got called for an interview the very first time, but I didn't get it. :frown:

Yes I am! Same I've applied for the one in Renfrew Street so many time but always get knocked back. The one opening in Cineworld is creating like 100 new jobs so I thought my chances are greater there. You going to be going to the fair?
Original post by lavender_rose
I don't know to be honest, my sister has an english degree and got rejected. It's unfortunate, but employers can be so fussy these days. Maybe it is the hours.

Yeah the more people are talking to me the more I am thinking it is just about the hours :frown:
Reply 11
Yes I am! Same I've applied for the one in Renfrew Street so many time but always get knocked back. The one opening in Cineworld is creating like 100 new jobs so I thought my chances are greater there. You going to be going to the fair?

I had an interview at River Island on Monday, if I don't get it, I'll go! I'll give you a shout if I'll be attending, it's always better to have someone you know at the interview. :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah the more people are talking to me the more I am thinking it is just about the hours :frown:

I'm afraid, it's not the case, I said I'm available any day, any time on all of my applications and still got turned down..
Who knows what employers want, if I did I would have had at least five different jobs by know. I would love to be able to talk to top employers and ask what they want, even mcdonalds and greggs. I have applied to greggs in the past and not even got an interview for that. Maybe it's being overqualified.
I had an interview at River Island on Monday, if I don't get it, I'll go! I'll give you a shout if I'll be attending, it's always better to have someone you know at the interview. :smile:

Well good luck!
I'm afraid, it's not the case, I said I'm available any day, any time on all of my applications and still got turned down..

Really?? Ugh what do they want from us??
Original post by lavender_rose
Who knows what employers want, if I did I would have had at least five different jobs by know. I would love to be able to talk to top employers and ask what they want, even mcdonalds and greggs. I have applied to greggs in the past and not even got an interview for that. Maybe it's being overqualified.

Yeah same, that would be so good but unfortunately I don't know anyone like that :frown: I applied for greggs about a year ago and got an interview which was unsuccessful and they don't even tell you why you were unsuccessful which is rubbish. But now I can't even pass the online test that you need to do in order for your application to be considered :confused:
Reply 17
Really?? Ugh what do they want from us??

I submitted the same application (the one that got me interview) a few times, but I kept getting the rejection e-mail.. Honestly, I think they blacklist all applicants who had interview, but ended up getting turned down.:confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
I didn't even get to interview stage, I didn't pass the online test. But yeah I agree that they probably black list you, possibly temporarily.
I submitted the same application (the one that got me interview) a few times, but I kept getting the rejection e-mail.. Honestly, I think they blacklist all applicants who had interview, but ended up getting turned down.:confused:

Hopefully not, that would be rubbish, like you can change and maybe even be up to their standard if you get another interview. I just want to work for them but theyre just making it so hard! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending