The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Uni of Loughborough Firmers

Haven't seen a thread like this for loughborough so I thought I'll set one up.
What course are you all studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BSc Air Transport Management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Beng Product Design Engineering
Reply 3
Are any of you staying in halls in the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yeah yeah, options are Elvyn, Bakewell, Caylays or Rutherford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah I can't decided whether to go catered or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Im a current loughborough student - ask me if you have any questions.
Im currently catered and love it, the food is really good, big choice and if you have other commitments you can just ask for a take out option and eat later on when convenient. It is also much more sociable because you get to know more people other than those just in your flat, especially during freshers because it takes you out of your room and gets you talking
Reply 7
I know students who go there so you can't lie now sooo....informally, what are the common stereotypes of halls...negative ones and positives if any

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accounting and Financial Management was thinking about William Morris fore accommodation but not sure yet :smile:
Product Design Engineering
would love if a current student could give advice on halls.
Reply 10
Original post by timetorealise
Product Design Engineering
would love if a current student could give advice on halls.

Finally somebody with the same course! I was starting to think I am the only one :biggrin:

I am actually thinking of not going to uni accommodation but haven't decided yet.
Reply 11
So let's say I play football, will catered allow me to take food our or will it not clash too badly with training?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hmm that doesn't seem too bad them! Secondly, what are the common stereotype for each halls, informally of course, e.g. I know a few things about cayleys but that's due to them being very social I think...or do all your answers have to be formal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Civil Engineering BEng, anyone here going onto the same course? Very indecisive for halls atm so I've no idea where I might end up.
Reply 14
I kinda know what she means from stories and things I've heard from people there so thank you very much 😂 surprisingly informative! I've done too much research to pick one I don't know now! I just want a wild social hall! I can hide in the library or friends halls if I need a quiet night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics with astrophysics and cosmology, I cant decide either between the halls😂 all I know is that I'm going for self-catered
Original post by Monica.
Beng Product Design Engineering

I am going for the same course too! I am signed up for MEng at the moment but the man who interviewed me said many people choose to only finish BEng and then go and work for the company they did their placement with!

I was looking at catered; my parents dont think I will survive on my own cooking ability </3
Reply 17
Original post by RedRhino10
I am going for the same course too! I am signed up for MEng at the moment but the man who interviewed me said many people choose to only finish BEng and then go and work for the company they did their placement with!

I was looking at catered; my parents dont think I will survive on my own cooking ability </3

More PDE people :biggrin: Do you know if there is a facebook group for our course?

And don't worry about cooking, I did not know how to boil an egg when I started uni last year, and now I can cook almost anything (I did another course for a year). It's really not a rocket science :biggrin:
Just put Loughborough as my firm offer for Mechanical engineering with foundation year
BSc Sociology.

Probably going to choose Falk Egg for my accommodation.
I saw it on an open day and it looked good enough for me. :smile:

Where did you choose as your insurance if you put one?

I chose Sheffield Hallam, but to be honest I don't really want to go there.
Then again at the end of the day it's much better than not going to Uni at all haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending