The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keladry
Good. Don't blow it off, actually do it. Otherwise you are not trying to the best of your ability and you kind of deserve to be miserable for not putting the effort in.

Ok. I will do it. Although I have no idea how I will explain my situation to the people?

Do u think she will go to the cinema with me? She said she will but I think she is just saying yes, and will say no the night before. :/
Reply 81
Original post by believeteam22
Ok. I will do it. Although I have no idea how I will explain my situation to the people?

Do u think she will go to the cinema with me? She said she will but I think she is just saying yes, and will say no the night before. :/

Go over how it started and just explain how you've become obsessed.

I don't give a **** if she will go the cinema with you and franticly neither should you. But then you're obsessed with her so you do care. My advice, shut up about it. Talking about it to people online (and not a professional) is just feeding your obsessive creepy ass behaviour. Stop it.

Edit: and you shouldn't have asked her to go the cinema with you in the first place. You know you've got an unhealthy obsessive relationship with her. Cancel the cinema and only speak to her when you have to regarding uni work. I don't care if you don't want to, it doesn't matter what you want at this point because what you want you are never going to get.
(edited 9 years ago)
She's being cold with me. She said "will talk later" on whatsapp but she has been online constantly for the past few hours talking to guy friends im sure. I hate when she does that. She doesn't have time for me?? :O
I was gonna message her again but I didn't.
In fact, get other people you can talk to about uni work. Forget this girl. And yes, your previous message does show that she just isn't as interested in talking to you. Do not waste your life on this girl who doesn't give a sh!t if you are there or not. Here's what you're gonna do:

You still need to get professional help, do that and do it soon.

But here's some actual advice for you to follow, seeing as you are complaining about people not giving you advice other than 'get help.' Do this, I'm sure most people here will agree. If you don't follow this advice, then it's b0llocks that you are looking for advice:

- Delete her number from your phone, and block her. (So no whatsapp, texting, messenger, calls)
- Delete/block her from any social media (facebook, skype, whatever)
- Do not meet up with her outside of uni. at all.

- Do not talk to her if you see her in public/at uni. Don't just flat out ignore her as she may come after you to ask what's up, and if she does that anyway, just politely turn her away. Don't attention seek or make a huge deal out of it, like 'I CAN NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN' or 'DO YOU MISS ME?!' because she doesn't give a sh!t, she'll just be curious. Just say hey sorry I'm really busy lately and can't talk. Bye! The irony is, after you tell her this a couple of times she will give up and leave you alone (the way you should have done months ago)

It helps that you won't see her till October very soon, that should help you. I'm not gonna say 'also do not think about her' as it's impossible to control your thoughts, especially when you're actually trying to not think of something. HOWEVER what you can control is becoming a little b!tch every time you think of her. don't obsess over her looks or what you want to say to her, every time you accidentally think of her just mentally shrug and go back to doing something else. And I don't care how much you think of her, do not cave and re-add/unblock her or whatever, as this is the only way you will get better, and given how much you've bleated on about getting better, I assume you want to make this work.

NO more delaying. As soon as you finish reading this message, you are going to fully, 100% BLOCK THIS GIRL. Don't even reply with excuses, I want your reply to this message to be to say that you've grown a pair and done it and are on the way to finally getting your own life.
(edited 9 years ago)
I do pray you are trolling, its so bad its comical if not. I don't mean that in a horrible point and laugh kind of way, just that you should have more self respect.

To answer the cinema question, she won't if she gets a better offer. She knows she can drop you at a moment notice and you will come running back.

You are the "if everything else fails" guy. Sorry to say it.

If this is genuine, I do agree with everyone else. You need professional help, you seem incapable of removing yourself from this girl.
Reply 85
She's being cold with me. She said "will talk later" on whatsapp but she has been online constantly for the past few hours talking to guy friends im sure. I hate when she does that. She doesn't have time for me?? :O
I was gonna message her again but I didn't.

You've clearly ignored what I and others have said.

Enjoying be a miserable creeper.
Reply 86
Original post by TykeDragon
In fact, get other people you can talk to about uni work. Forget this girl. And yes, your previous message does show that she just isn't as interested in talking to you. Do not waste your life on this girl who doesn't give a sh!t if you are there or not. Here's what you're gonna do:

You still need to get professional help, do that and do it soon.

But here's some actual advice for you to follow, seeing as you are complaining about people not giving you advice other than 'get help.' Do this, I'm sure most people here will agree. If you don't follow this advice, then it's b0llocks that you are looking for advice:

- Delete her number from your phone, and block her. (So no whatsapp, texting, messenger, calls)
- Delete/block her from any social media (facebook, skype, whatever)
- Do not meet up with her outside of uni. at all.

- Do not talk to her if you see her in public/at uni. Don't just flat out ignore her as she may come after you to ask what's up, and if she does that anyway, just politely turn her away. Don't attention seek or make a huge deal out of it, like 'I CAN NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN' or 'DO YOU MISS ME?!' because she doesn't give a sh!t, she'll just be curious. Just say hey sorry I'm really busy lately and can't talk. Bye! The irony is, after you tell her this a couple of times she will give up and leave you alone (the way you should have done months ago)

It helps that you won't see her till October very soon, that should help you. I'm not gonna say 'also do not think about her' as it's impossible to control your thoughts, especially when you're actually trying to not think of something. HOWEVER what you can control is becoming a little b!tch every time you think of her. don't obsess over her looks or what you want to say to her, every time you accidentally think of her just mentally shrug and go back to doing something else. And I don't care how much you think of her, do not cave and re-add/unblock her or whatever, as this is the only way you will get better, and given how much you've bleated on about getting better, I assume you want to make this work.

NO more delaying. As soon as you finish reading this message, you are going to fully, 100% BLOCK THIS GIRL. Don't even reply with excuses, I want your reply to this message to be to say that you've grown a pair and done it and are on the way to finally getting your own life.

This is fantastic advice which he should follow word for word. Unfortunately he won't follow it, I've said all of this to him before and here he is months later still not listening. Lost cause.
(edited 9 years ago)
Perfect advice above. I would like to wait until Thursday just to see what she does about the cinema thing. I just don't want to regret it. This girl has been a big part of my life for the last 2 years.
Reply 88
Perfect advice above. I would like to wait until Thursday just to see what she does about the cinema thing. I just don't want to regret it. This girl has been a big part of my life for the last 2 years.

You will continue to put it off and make excuses.

What part of she doesn't give a **** about you do you not understand?

Hopefully she cancels, because you need a large dose of reality slapped across your face.
Been there and done that. Realising how unhealthy this was for both of us, I decided that I had no choice but to suggest that we have no contact (I can't remmeber how long it was for) and it worked.

I have also been in this girls situation. It was so ****ing frustrating. He actually sat there and blamed me for his behaviour. I decided I had no choice but to cut him out of my life. I was going through a rather **** time (ok, he wasn't aware of that; but that doesn't matter) and I could really have done without being hraassed and being blamed for his behaviour.
Did my advice say 'd!ck around until Thursday, kissing the ground at her feet to see what she does' ? No, my advice said to do it right now, so do it right now. If you wait till Thursday, one of two things will happen:

A) she cancels and you obsess about it, making another depressed thread about the woes of your situation and what to do

B) she goes and you thus read too far into it and want to try and organise another meeting.

Both are bad, and in neither case will she be interested in you. So bloody block her already, you wanted advice and I spent my time writing it because that is what will work. Do it and do it now, if you delay now you will never do it. So no more excuses - now. It's the only thing that will work trust me.

Don't give me this 'perfect advice but i will ignore/delay' boll0cks. If you think it's perfect advice, follow it, and following it means blocking her once you've read this. If you don't, you will be trapped in your useless sorry state forever. I'm not writing all this for my benefit, it makes no odds to me whether you're trapped forever, I'm writing it because I feel sorry for you and want this advice to help you, but if you won't use it to help yourself then I no longer give a sh!t. If you do it however, I will commend you for taking the first step to taking control of your own life.

Oh, and.... DO IT RIGHT NOW!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by keladry
You need help.

Honestly I'm not even joking.

You have been posting about this girl over and over again for months now, you always say the same thing and you always get the same advice, but you never take the advice.

Get a counsellor and get over her.

Edit: I've just checked you have made 34 threads about this girl over the past 5 months. That's not even close to healthy.

The odd thread. A little bit odd but yeh okay. But 34? Jesus.

Mate. Being friends with this girl is doing you much more harm than good.
Did my advice say 'd!ck around until Thursday, kissing the ground at her feet to see what she does' ? No, my advice said to do it right now, so do it right now. If you wait till Thursday, one of two things will happen:

A) she cancels and you obsess about it, making another depressed thread about the woes of your situation and what to do

B) she goes and you thus read too far into it and want to try and organise another meeting.

Both are bad, and in neither case will she be interested in you. So bloody block her already, you wanted advice and I spent my time writing it because that is what will work. Do it and do it now, if you delay now you will never do it. So no more excuses - now. It's the only thing that will work trust me.

Don't give me this 'perfect advice but i will ignore/delay' boll0cks. If you think it's perfect advice, follow it, and following it means blocking her once you've read this. If you don't, you will be trapped in your useless sorry state forever. I'm not writing all this for my benefit, it makes no odds to me whether you're trapped forever, I'm writing it because I feel sorry for you and want this advice to help you, but if you won't use it to help yourself then I no longer give a sh!t. If you do it however, I will commend you for taking the first step to taking control of your own life.

**** me. I didn't think id find someone else on here whom has half a clue.

OP. Read what this lad has to say and follow it to the letter. It will be tough. But worth it.
Wait you're in uni? This would be normal behaviour for a 12-15 year old perhaps. Not a 18-23 year old. You should get help.

don't agree with B). I wouldn't read into it or try to set up another one. I would just be happy that she came and listened to me. I hope it's not A) because that will just make me feel worse.

Since yesterday she is being cold with me. She is not replying to my Whatsapp messages until I message her again. I feel she is not happy with me. I care about this girl so much. What am I doing wrong? :frown:
This is so hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 96
don't agree with B). I wouldn't read into it or try to set up another one. I would just be happy that she came and listened to me. I hope it's not A) because that will just make me feel worse.

Since yesterday she is being cold with me. She is not replying to my Whatsapp messages until I message her again. I feel she is not happy with me. I care about this girl so much. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

You are the definition of a lost cause.

So pathetic.
i have a female friend who i also like more than a friend. But she is in a relationship and i have accepted that we can never be together. She doesn't have feelings for me anyway.

so that being said, i like being friends with her. We get on really well and i'm happy when i'm around her.

the only thing is, sometimes i feel like i am too nice to her, and treat her as if she is more than just a friend. I am always helping her whenever she asks and i am always available to her.

sometimes i feel maybe she doesn't appreciate everything i do for her.
also, i feel really attached to her and sometimes i feel i act a bit needy and clingy. I know that's not good but that's what i feel.

i've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that? I don't know.

i want to stay friends with her, but i am scared of pushing her away or distancing myself from her, because i like the closeness i have with this girl and i don't really want to do anything to ruin our friendship.

so i'm not sure how to proceed. I also get really upset easily with things regarding her. I care about her a lot.

do you guys think that this is a result of my unrequited feelings towards her? I don't mean to do it but i can't help it sometimes.

i already know i care about her a lot more than she cares about me. Maybe she doesn't need to care that much? Maybe i am expecting too much?

what are your thoughts?

she's my oneitis :/

lately i have been thinking about her all the time. And it just makes me really sad.

man up bro
Get a cat
Dude, what you're doing wrong is ignoring my advice. If you're going to ignore my advice, which is what will help you get over her and be happy again, then you deserve all this misery. Block her or learn to enjoy all this sadness. blocking her and leaving her alone is the only solution to your problem. The only. one. stop hoping there is another.

Every day that you ignore this advice, you're gonna spend it alone, miserable, asking yourself all this dumb cr*p and begging for more advice to ignore. If you follow it, things will slowly start to look up. Now, do you want to leave it too late? How much more of your life do you want to waste pining over this one girl?

Now, consider this. Assume you live to a nice old age. Now I doubt you'll die a pathetic old man who still fancies this girl who probably by now either doesn't talk to you, is married, or dead, or whatever. That means at some point you FINALLY saw sense and got over her. Whatever age you were when that happened, you will have looked back at all this time you wasted. The age you're at right now...? This is the age where you have a blast, meet other people your age and perhaps get some experience with the opposite sex, begin your career etc. Right now you're wasting all this. You'll f*ck up your grades, get a sh!tty job and be alone, and for what? Absolutely nothing - this girl is perfectly happy thank you very much, while you're suffering she's getting boned by the guy she does love, working on herself and setting her future up nicely. You're wasting your life dude, you only get one life and all this time you could be getting rich or having fun with the ladies, you're sitting alone, crying and generally having a sh!t time.

Sort this out as soon as possible so you can get the most out of your life. Any rational person reading this would be able to understand the importance of moving on quickly, so if you don't see the need to block her and move on after reading this, you're an utter moron who shouldn't breed anyway. If you're NOT a moron and would actually like to have some fun and perhaps breed one day, then f*cking start getting over her right now, grow a pair and maybe soon you can get a girl who is actually interested in you (as long as you don't become a stalkerish weirdo who won't trust her or leave her alone)

STOP ASKING FOR ADVICE AND IGNORING IT ALL YOU FREAKING IDIOT, NOONE IS GOING TO COME ALONG AND SAY 'yeah this is a great idea she'll want you one day bro!' SO STOP WAITING FOR IT!! EVERY DAY YOU IGNORE ALL THIS ADVICE IS ANOTHER DAY YOU'LL DESERVEDLY SPEND MISERABLE!!!

Is it starting to make sense yet?!?! I don't even know why I'm bothering! F*ck it, if you still won't see sense I'm just gonna leave you to a life of masturbation, with only your own tears for lube.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending