The Student Room Group

Attack on London synagogue

Doesn't seem to have made the news. No mention on the BBC :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like the 'usual' suspects I was expecting. Of course the left wing are far more prevalent anti-semites these days than the right wing.

Seems it might be more of a drunken incident by yoofs.

A group of approximately 20 youths attacked a local synagogue in the London suburb of Stamford Hill over the weekend, yelling threats, beating worshipers and vandalizing property.

One witness belonging to the "Ahavat Torah" congregation described the mob as shouting "we will kill you" as they proceeded to physically assault the worshipers inside the synagogue and tear apart prayer books.

A spokesmen for local law enforcement said that the police views the assault on the heavily Jewish populated Stamford Hill community gravely and that they have already detained four suspects who say they were involved in the incident.

People claim that the BBC is Zionist or Zionist controlled, but it seems absolutely diseased with left-wing antisemitism, not the far-right White Supremacist stuff, but that Guardianista indifference, like Jews don't matter.
Original post by yo radical one
People claim that the BBC is Zionist or Zionist controlled, but it seems absolutely diseased with left-wing antisemitism, not the far-right White Supremacist stuff, but that Guardianista indifference, like Jews don't matter.

Seems the BBC were only merely late in reporting

It's up now, but no video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32007767

I entirely agree with your statement though.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
Seems the BBC were only merely late in reporting

It's up now, but no video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32007767

I entirely agree with your statement though.

I'm glad the BBC is covering this, but there will be no moral outrage, no emotive use of language or shocking images.

I absolutely don't want to turn this into a Black people vs Jewish people thread, since it's no good taking your frustrations out on another group who have suffered, especially given that they're not actually the ones at fault, but every single time I hear the BBC talking about a young Black man getting shot by the police in the US, perhaps my second thought (after my initial thoughts on the person who lost his life) is that I could never imagine any serious coverage being given to the loss of Jewish life, outside the UK by this broadcasting company.

I want it to go bust, even the really typical British TV shows, like Little Dorrit, Doctor Who and Merlin, stink of a sort of quaint slightly sneery Home Countries vibe, like grey lazy Sundays, lukewarm tea and toasting the Queen.
Doesn't seem to have made the news. No mention on the BBC :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like the 'usual' suspects I was expecting. Of course the left wing are far more prevalent anti-semites these days than the right wing.

Seems it might be more of a drunken incident by yoofs.

I know, it's an absolute disgrace that this didn't even make it onto the BBC homepage.

Yet, if someone sticks a pig's head in a mosque, there's uproar and it makes the headline.

Typical 'impartial' BBC - we should just have it privatised, why should our taxes go towards a biased lefty news corporation?
Original post by Cadherin
I know, it's an absolute disgrace that this didn't even make it onto the BBC homepage.

I am looking at it right now.

Yet, if someone sticks a pig's head in a mosque, there's uproar and it makes the headline.

No it doesn't.

Get a grip TSR.
Original post by Cadherin

Typical 'impartial' BBC - we should just have it privatised, why should our taxes go towards a biased lefty news corporation?

The BBC does seem to have a troubling relationship with Jews - which I think has obvious connections to the left wing hostility.

The Jews I've spoken to that have been harassed or in some way abused, have all told me that the culprits were either Muslims or pro-palestinian leftists.

I've not spoken to a single Jew in recent times that has told me a skin head right wing fascist has attacked them.

I spoke to one Jew who went to see an Israeli dance performance in Edinburgh and as he was making his way towards the door, was spat at in the face by one of these odious leftists wearing the keffiyeh around HER neck (yes, it was a female) and called a "dirty zionist" which as we all know is code for Jew.

Even Danny Cohen who's the controller of programming at BBC1 or 2 has made some noises about feeling uncomfortable at some BBC antics.
Original post by Captain Haddock
I am looking at it right now.

No it doesn't.

Get a grip TSR.

I apologise, it has very recently been put up on the London News since I posted this.

But this does not excuse the state of the BBC.
Reply 9
I condemn this.

Were they drunk - what religious belief did they have? I understand they werent muslim, so no-one is going to focus on their background, race, political or social ideaologies.
Reply 10
I spoke to one Jew who went to see an Israeli dance performance in Edinburgh and as he was making his way towards the door, was spat at in the face by one of these odious leftists wearing the keffiyeh around HER neck (yes, it was a female) and called a "dirty zionist" which as we all know is code for Jew.

Yes, that particular Israeli dance group got hounded out of the city. There were groups waving Palestinian flags and screaming abuse outside every night it ran, before performances were abandoned. I had to walk by them on several occasions. They broke into the theatre and disrupted performances, sometimes several times in a night. It was ridiculous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
I condemn this.

Were they drunk - what religious belief did they have? I understand they werent muslim, so no-one is going to focus on their background, race, political or social ideaologies.

Good.

I don't know their ethnic or religious background and given that Islam is a minority in this country, it makes no sense to assume that the perpetrators were Muslim especially since they were drunk and alcohol is Haram. There is however, a wider culture, ironically within the centre and radical left (as opposed to the right, which is traditionally associated with antisemitism) where antisemitism is pretty much ignored.

Left-wing thought favours those perceived as lacking empowerment and in many ways the left, is the main propagator of the idea that Jews are powerful and part of the establishment and as such almost views them as the enemy. I myself tend to vote for left-wing parties, but I would never vote lib dem, who are notorious for this.
there is very little anti-semitism in society- especially in the west where people seem to constantly feel the need to confess their undying love for israel for fear of being called the dreaded..'anti-semite...'
Reply 13
Original post by yo radical one
Left-wing thought favours those perceived as lacking empowerment and in many ways the left, is the main propagator of the idea that Jews are powerful and part of the establishment

A very good point. This is endemic in the left, where those who are - almost arbitrarily - not regarded as some sort of disempowered minority are fair game for any sort of unpleasant activity.

Jews in the UK are increasingly being made to feel uncomfortable, and like they don't belong here. There's a message from these left-wing anti-Israel types that it's almost acceptable to attack Jews and Israelis. That's extremely worrying.
But nowadays, an anti-Semite is someone who is hated by the Jews
Reply 15
Utterly appalling criminal behaviour. Blatant hate-filled racism, anti-Semitism, threats to kill, trespass . . . Ignorant scum of the earth. They should be taken out at dawn into a clearing and shot. No excuse can justify their revolting act of aggression. It's sickening ignorance and hate by violent hothead filth.
Reply 16
Original post by Tawheed
I condemn this.

Eh? Of course they were Muslims and anti-Semites but oh yeah, that goes without saying anyway.

Quick Reply