The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath, york or warwick?

I have offers from all of the unis, with similar entry requirements and want to firm one. I am unsure which would be best for my course (biochemistry), employment, social life and the year in industry. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!
Original post by sdfskdfk
I have offers from all of the unis, with similar entry requirements and want to firm one. I am unsure which would be best for my course (biochemistry), employment, social life and the year in industry. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi sdfskdfk,

I am a final year chemistry student here at Bath, so I can't comment much on the biochemistry course but I can tell you that I have really enjoyed my time at Bath.

In terms of employment after graduation Bath rank quite highly compared to the national average, and I think this is mainly due to so many students doing a placement. The excellent reputation for placements was the main reason that I personally chose Bath. Having completed my placement last year and learning so many new skills I would reccomend doing one if you get the oppurtunity.

In terms of social life there is plenty of stuff to do both on campus and in town. There are regular events on campus such as two club nights a week, a pub quiz and an open mic night. That's not including all the events and meetings run by societies as well. In town there is plenty of pubs, bars and clubs which should have something to suit everyones taste.There are also plenty of sports clubs to get involved with which use the excellent sports facilities that are available on campus.

Hope this helps and if you want to know anything more, just quote me and ask :smile:

Thanks

Claire
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest