The Student Room Group

Feasible Degrees

I'm currently taking chemistry, maths, physics and computer science. I'm planning to drop chemistry for A2. I was just wondering what your opinions are on suitable degrees for these subjects, obviously this is down to my interest in the subject along with academic success.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Engineering, computer science, natural science degrees, accounting.
Original post by vela1
Engineering, computer science, natural science degrees, accounting.

Basically semi-mathematical subjects; accounting, economics, finance and business. Sadly, if you want to do top mathematical or engineering degrees it's highly recommended you do further maths, too.
Reply 4
Original post by jake4198
Basically semi-mathematical subjects; accounting, economics, finance and business. Sadly, if you want to do top mathematical or engineering degrees it's highly recommended you do further maths, too.

Nope, not true. Only the elite uni's would want FM; oxbridge, LSE, Imperial. Also, accounting isn't mathematical. People assume it is because you work with numbers but majority of it is just GCSE level. So if you want to do engineering, go for it.
Original post by vela1
Nope, not true. Only the elite uni's would want FM; oxbridge, LSE, Imperial. Also, accounting isn't mathematical. People assume it is because you work with numbers but majority of it is just GCSE level. So if you want to do engineering, go for it.

Couldn't agree more with this.
Reply 6
Thanks for the ideas, having a bit of a hard time thinking about what I want to do so I just wanted some suggestions about what Could ​do.

Quick Reply