The Student Room Group

2015 UCL School of Pharmacy Page

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast92
Im sure we can book the accommodation before student finance comes through. Im gonna do mine tommorrow so one less thing to worry about lol

Oh i didnt know that! Btw sorry about your med school rejections, but pharmacy is a good degree and UCL is one of the best universities in the country so don't feel too bad :smile::yy:
Original post by daisychain_
Oh i didnt know that! Btw sorry about your med school rejections, but pharmacy is a good degree and UCL is one of the best universities in the country so don't feel too bad :smile::yy:

Well I think as long as it's firmed...you're ok to do the accommodation :smile:
Thank you..... I kinda changed my mind about medicine towards the end, I don't think I could've handled the stress and the long working hrs etc, anyway things happen for a reason!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I think as long as it's firmed...you're ok to do the accommodation :smile:
Thank you..... I kinda changed my mind about medicine towards the end, I don't think I could've handled the stress and the long working hrs etc, anyway things happen for a reason!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same thing happened to me with medicine and to be honest I'm so glad it worked out this way! :biggrin:
Original post by thegodofgod
The same thing happened to me with medicine and to be honest I'm so glad it worked out this way! :biggrin:

Mee toooo😊 ....where did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mee toooo ....where did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

First time around I applied to Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and Keele, 4 rejections, took a gap year, then I applied to BSMS, Southampton, Keele, and Peninsula. 4 rejections again. BSMS, on the other hand, asked me whether I wanted my application to be considered for MPharm at Brighton, and I said yeah, so they transferred it over, I got an interview, and then I was accepted. Been at Brighton now for almost 2 years :biggrin:.

I think towards the beginning of the 2nd year of application, I was starting to come off medicine, so I'm really glad now that I didn't get in; I'm not sure I would have had the motivation to cope with medical school.
First time around I applied to Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and Keele, 4 rejections, took a gap year, then I applied to BSMS, Southampton, Keele, and Peninsula. 4 rejections again. BSMS, on the other hand, asked me whether I wanted my application to be considered for MPharm at Brighton, and I said yeah, so they transferred it over, I got an interview, and then I was accepted. Been at Brighton now for almost 2 years :biggrin:.

I think towards the beginning of the 2nd year of application, I was starting to come off medicine, so I'm really glad now that I didn't get in; I'm not sure I would have had the motivation to cope with medical school.

Ahh glad things worked out well!!
Im on a gap year aswell...and got 4 post interview rejections this year so I'm glad UCL don't do interviews lol cos I think I've discovered another weak-point in me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Im on a gap year aswell...and got 4 post interview rejections this year so I'm glad UCL don't do interviews lol cos I think I've discovered another weak-point in me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Sorry to hear about your med school rejections. I got rejected last year as well. I cant even remember the unis I applied to other than kings and queen mary, also I was indecisive about whether to apply to med or pharm in the first place but took the risk of anyways. DW I was put off from medicine for the exact same reasons you were lol. I haven't got anything about accom either and its making me doubt if ive even applied correctly :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with pharmacy - after all, we are the experts in medicines :smug:
i have got an offer for Business management. Im definately going.

Anyone whose staying in Opals ?

Which is the best uni hall in the city campus. Please help.

Anyone for business management ?
Thanks!

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with pharmacy - after all, we are the experts in medicines :smug:

HAHAHHAH trueee

Original post by FarhadLasker
Hey. Sorry to hear about your med school rejections. I got rejected last year as well. I cant even remember the unis I applied to other than kings and queen mary, also I was indecisive about whether to apply to med or pharm in the first place but took the risk of anyways. DW I was put off from medicine for the exact same reasons you were lol. I haven't got anything about accom either and its making me doubt if ive even applied correctly :s-smilie:

Thanks...well im sure we've made the right decision :smile:
Im just worried that im gonna end up with something miles away. btw you know we can choose what our preferences are and one of them is proximity to UCL, does that mean the main campus because the pharmacy school is separate. if an accommodation is close to the main campus it might be far from the pharmacy school......any ideas?

Im just worried that im gonna end up with something miles away. btw you know we can choose what our preferences are and one of them is proximity to UCL, does that mean the main campus because the pharmacy school is separate. if an accommodation is close to the main campus it might be far from the pharmacy school......any ideas?

I don't think they'll send us miles away. If proximity is priority then your accommodation will probs be in Bloomsbury around the main campus (main campus only 10/15 min from pharm skl). I'm sure they'll try put you closer to the pharmacy school if so. International halls is like 1 minute from pharmacy school. You might even be put there.
Soooo where's everyone from? :smile: (background, part of London/uk etc)
Reply 72
Original post by FarhadLasker
Soooo where's everyone from? :smile: (background, part of London/uk etc)

From Hong Kong however just finished high school in Melbourne :tongue:
I'm confused, are we 2015-2016 Academic Year, 2015-2016 1st Term Only, 2014-2015 Academic Year or 2015 Summer Students?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by daisychain_
I'm confused, are we 2015-2016 Academic Year, 2015-2016 1st Term Only, 2014-2015 Academic Year or 2015 Summer Students?

lol choose 2015-2016 academic year if you want accommodation for the whole year (which is what nearly everyone will choose)
lol choose 2015-2016 academic year if you want accommodation for the whole year (which is what nearly everyone will choose)

Thank you :smile:
Reply 76

Hey, when it asks about the specific dates of accommodation did you change the dates or keep when they had? I'm so confused coz we don't know the dates we start and finish right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDida
Hey, when it asks about the specific dates of accommodation did you change the dates or keep when they had? I'm so confused coz we don't know the dates we start and finish right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I haven't done mine yet I've just started the application and stopped half way through lol
I think just keep them the way they are, what dates does it say on there anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Hey I haven't done mine yet I've just started the application and stopped half way through lol
I think just keep them the way they are, what dates does it say on there anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

19 sept 2015 to 25 june 2016 yeah I left them but wasn't sure coz you can make it longer as well...
Yeah I've stopped half way as well :/
But for what you wanna pick as priority en suite isn't there!! That's what I wanted to pick and other people told me they picked that as well but it doesn't come up as an option
What did you/ going to pick as priority?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDida
19 sept 2015 to 25 june 2016 yeah I left them but wasn't sure coz you can make it longer as well...
Yeah I've stopped half way as well :/
But for what you wanna pick as priority en suite isn't there!! That's what I wanted to pick and other people told me they picked that as well but it doesn't come up as an option
What did you/ going to pick as priority?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh ok I'm not too sure about that cos I looked ages ago and can't remember...what were the options for the priority??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending