The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Is it that bad?

Basically I'm a kid from the other country. I'm only 16 but as you may know I have to look for my uni yet, because it's coming quicker than you think.
I found a course which i would be interested in (Film&Music and Theatre) and even if i'm not from UK i thought that Londonmet is great Uni for me.
For those who may be asking: why i"m not looking for uni in my country, i can simply answer - living in London is one of my biggest dream.
So I'm asking - is londonmet that bad?
Original post by lucythevaliant
Basically I'm a kid from the other country. I'm only 16 but as you may know I have to look for my uni yet, because it's coming quicker than you think.
I found a course which i would be interested in (Film&Music and Theatre) and even if i'm not from UK i thought that Londonmet is great Uni for me.
For those who may be asking: why i"m not looking for uni in my country, i can simply answer - living in London is one of my biggest dream.
So I'm asking - is londonmet that bad?

Hello, I can completely empathise with you wanting to live in London: it's a fantastic city that is full to the brim with unique and utterly brilliant experiences and culture. The film, music and theatre scene is thriving here and will provide you with a wealth of opportunities, should you choose to study with us.

Firstly, I just want to clear something up that has been mentioned earlier in the thread about our ability to give out student visas: we can accept international students and there are no longer any issues about our ability to issue visas. So there is nothing for you to worry about there.

Secondly (and perhaps more importantly) I thought I'd share some of my experiences of studying at London Met, to help you make a decision about coming here. I'm currently a Master's student and moved to London (from the English countryside) in order to start my course. I have found the University to be extremely welcoming and all the staff I have encountered have not only been knowledgable and expert in their field but also have been approachable and helpful in assisting me (I recently missed some sessions so I could get married and go on honeymoon and the teaching staff could not have been any more accommodating in arranging catch up sessions for me- although this might be slightly different on an undergraduate course I suspect that the London Met ethos of being helpful and supportive will still ring true).

For me, however, the best part of my London Met experience is the sheer breadth and diversity of the student body. I have learnt far more from the enormously varied life experiences of my fellow students than I have at any other point in my life. In my experience this diversity is not necessarily something that exists in all universities (I did my undergraduate degree at The University of Birmingham and did not experience this there).

I hope you've found that useful, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Finally I'll leave you firstly with a link to the courses on that might interest from the London Met courses catalogue and also with the below: a video I have found that discusses studying the arts in London and specifically at our university.

[video="youtube;cr47zOP3UwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr47zOP3UwI[/video]

Best of luck making your decision and I wish you every success with whatever you decide for your future!

Simon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Thank you very much for your response!
Surely I will text you if I have some questions
Original post by lucythevaliant
Thank you very much for your response!
Surely I will text you if I have some questions

You're welcome, I look forward to hearing from you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending