The Student Room Group

What's the youngest age you can be attracted to before It gets wrong?

Ok, this going to be really hard to explain... and also stepping into dark territory, hopefully the guys on here understand. I aint gonna post this as anonymous because it probably won't make it to the forum plus this is one of my last threads.

Obviously if someone is attracted to some obvious primary school kid they're a sicko but most guys have had it when they're attracted to a girl but found out she's 13 or something and feel terrible.

They know not to say or do anything cos that'll be wrong but I'm wondering What's the youngest age you can be attracted to before It gets wrong? Obviously to actually make a move would be 18, but say in your own mind.

btw, before you start presuming I'm 18, not some 40 year old guy.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There's absolutely nothing sick or wrong about being attracted to anyone of any age. You have no choice in the matter of whether you're attracted to someone and it is absolutely not your fault or wrongdoing for doing so. It's when people act on those desires that it becomes wrong; feeling an attraction to someone is out of their control.

Personally, I'm 18 and I think the youngest people I'd be attracted to are early 16, maybe 15 if they look older, but no younger than that.
The accepted formula is they have to be older than your age/2 +7
the youngest for me 13, im 18 yo girl
Maybe a bout 12 some girls look way older than they are also being 'attracted' to someone is not wrong as long as you don't act on it.
Original post by anunoriginaluser
There's absolutely nothing sick or wrong about being attracted to anyone of any age. You have no choice in the matter of whether you're attracted to someone and it is absolutely not your fault or wrongdoing for doing so. It's when people act on those desires that it becomes wrong; feeling an attraction to someone is out of their control.

Personally, I'm 18 and I think the youngest people I'd be attracted to are early 16, maybe 15 if they look older, but no younger than that.

Yeah! That's it! That's what I meant to say, just couldn't find the words for it.
18 for me.
I think you should only date someone who is in your decade. So if you are in your 20s, date someone in your 20s, and so on
Well I'm 23 and wouldn't date anyone younger than 21... I don't actually find teenagers attractive, it's weird, guys just look too young!
Original post by Dean Ambrose
Ok, this going to be really hard to explain... and also stepping into dark territory, hopefully the guys on here understand. I aint gonna post this as anonymous because it probably won't make it to the forum plus this is one of my last threads.

Obviously if someone is attracted to some obvious primary school kid they're a sicko but most guys have had it when they're attracted to a girl but found out she's 13 or something and feel terrible.

They know not to say or do anything cos that'll be wrong but I'm wondering What's the youngest age you can be attracted to before It gets wrong? Obviously to actually make a move would be 18, but say in your own mind.

btw, before you start presuming I'm 18, not some 40 year old guy.

I'm an 18 year old girl and i personally don't find people younger than me attractive more so older men. However, there is nothing wrong with being attracted to younger people but for me the cut off would be 16, anything younger and they are just not mature enough. :biggrin:
Original post by anunoriginaluser

This.
I'm going to post annon cos I have friends on this forum who know me and I'd be potentially worried about people finding out that I'm attracted to people younger than me.
I'm an 18 yo and I'm often attracted to girls as young as 14, but in terms of a relationship I'd have to go 16 as a minimum (thats if I had a chance lol).
Some people view sex and sexuality in such a pathetic infantile manner. "mummy said this was naughty, so I'm a bad boy for doing it".

*sigh*
Original post by TorpidPhil
Some people view sex and sexuality in such a pathetic infantile manner. "mummy said this was naughty, so I'm a bad boy for doing it".

*sigh*

What?
Original post by sunnydespair
I think you should only date someone who is in your decade. So if you are in your 20s, date someone in your 20s, and so on

That's a terrible rule. What about a 30 year old and a 29 year old? Or a 19 year old and an 11 year old?
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently attracted to a 16 year old and im like 19...

I have a bad fetish of schoolgirls (like year 9/year 10). It is disgusting of me so yeah i think im attracted to 14 year olds. lol.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo O_O
Personally I could not be attracted to anyone more than 2 years younger than me, just have some inbuilt mental block. Im 20 atm but I expect this to change when Im older
Original post by Dean Ambrose
What?

Well, firstly age is completely irrelevant. It's only a convenience in terms of the law. Realistically why is it do you think that you are not meant to have relationships with minors?

Because of their mental immaturity... If someone is 10 but physical look like she's 15 and is as mentally mature as an 18 year old then she's "fair game" ignoring any legal consequences.

Of course that's very very rare, hence why to simplify things the law just says anyone under 16 or 18 (or whatever your country says) is illegal.

It's about your ability to mentally relate to the other person. If you're waaaay too knowledgeable and intelligent for them then I would just find it wrong to date them long-term as it's essentially like making them a sex toy, or just a shoulder to cry on, it doesn't have that additional layer of intimacy and it's exploitative and potentially not in their best interests yet they don't know better.
(edited 9 years ago)
about ten years younger than me is as far down as i go

nything under 23 is just too different lifewise
Original post by sunnydespair

Would you break up with them the moment one of your decades changed?
It's weird when you think about it because you used to be that age and attracted to other people of that age. Now you're older and it's different.

To be fair though. Lets say we were still in the stone age. People reach sexual maturity at different ages which is signified by pubic hair etc. Could have been any age. You'd be having sex with anyone.

Now we get 12 year olds having sex with each other and it's against the law (I think). It's a societal construct that we think it's wrong really. In other countries the age of consent is as low as 12.

I'm never attracted to them at this age though because I just see them as kids lol. When they open their mouths and childish crap comes out :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending