The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Denmark Road accommodation

Hi guys,
I'm hoping to book my accommodation at Denmark Road this week - was wondering if anybody could offer me any insight into the halls, location or social life?
Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UoMAbi
Hi guys,
I'm hoping to book my accommodation at Denmark Road this week - was wondering if anybody could offer me any insight into the halls, location or social life?
Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's lots of general advice about UoM accommodation here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Do be aware that not all of Denmark Road is actually UoM accommodation. If you book Denmark Road directly with Sanctuary Students (as opposed to via the uni's accommodation application system) then you will find that
- you're not placed with other UoM students - you could be placed with a funny mixture of MMU students, RNCM students, older students and so on.
- you won't have the pastoral care that uni provides to students in its own halls
- the terms will be far less favourable if you drop out (Sanctuary will make you pay for the rest of the year; UoM woud only make you pay for 28 days)
- you can't move halls, whereas you can move to any other UoM hall if you go via UoM
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Very helpful advice! Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by UoMAbi
Hi guys,
Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I currently live at Denmark Road and love it, I've rebooked to live there next year as its a short walk to my uni MMU and MUCH shorter to Manchester Uni i.e 5-10mins. The rooms are much bigger and at a higher standard than other accommodation.

The staff are so friendly and approachable if you have any worries or problems within your flat they are there to help. During freshers week you get to know people in your flat and some in your block there are regular parties and the accommodation have had some gatherings. The flats usually are a mixture of Man Uni, MMU and Salford but there are blocks that are strictly Manchester Uni only.

Hope that helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Jess1720
I currently live at Denmark Road and love it, I've rebooked to live there next year as its a short walk to my uni MMU and MUCH shorter to Manchester Uni i.e 5-10mins. The rooms are much bigger and at a higher standard than other accommodation.

The staff are so friendly and approachable if you have any worries or problems within your flat they are there to help. During freshers week you get to know people in your flat and some in your block there are regular parties and the accommodation have had some gatherings. The flats usually are a mixture of Man Uni, MMU and Salford but there are blocks that are strictly Manchester Uni only.

Hope that helps!

How about social Life? Are there events? Parties?
Thank you
Hi I am a student from UoM. I have an en suite room in Weston Hall. I am looking to swap with any other en suite room in Denmark Road. Any one who for Denmark Road is intrested in swapping please inbox me.Thanks
Reply 6
Hi I am looking to stay in Denmark road can anyone tell me if there is car parking available and we're is the best part of the building to stay if going to UOM...
Hi
May I know if the accommodation is mixed gender or single gender?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending