The Student Room Group

Replying really late to PM

So this guy likes me (I think) and he often messages me on fb but I purposely reply late. I just cannot be asked to reply to his boring PM about work.

Will he ever get the hint? :I don't want to be overtly rude & delete him off as he goes to the same university and we have mutual friends.
Ignore and he'll get the hint.
Reply 2
He will be hurt but will get the hint. Though I would just tell him what's what really. Saves him from second guessing and it'd be tge nice thing to do.
Reply 3
Well, he talks about work & life mostly, and I don't even know if he likes me really.
Reply 4
Original post by Lil08
Well, he talks about work & life mostly, and I don't even know if he likes me really.

Then ask!!!!
and you wonder why you have no friends :laugh:
Reply 6
Original post by Aph
Then ask!!!!

No.
Reply 7
Original post by Lil08
No.

Why?
Reply 8
Stop replying or reply less often, give short answers, don't ask questions.
Reply 9
Original post by Aph
Why?

What if he's like no and I'll end up looking a fool.

We have mutual friends, he'll tell everyone that I be trippin'.

Terrible advice.
Replying purposely late or not replying at all is a very low thing to do. Grow some balls and be honest with him. Unless you're incredibly attractive he probably doesn't like you as you come across as a self obsessed bitch. I don't want to be too much of a dick but a bit of honesty is needed.

If him liking you will effect your treatment of him then ask and be honest with him. If he's just trying to be friendly why be so rude? I don't use TSR often so I won't reply, forgive me if my comment is rash and assuming too much. Being ignorant is rude and plain disrespectful, I don't think someone being either friendly or having a crush deserve such treatment.

Hope it works out for you both.
Original post by Anonymous
Replying purposely late or not replying at all is a very low thing to do. Grow some balls and be honest with him. Unless you're incredibly attractive he probably doesn't like you as you come across as a self obsessed bitch. I don't want to be too much of a dick but a bit of honesty is needed.

If him liking you will effect your treatment of him then ask and be honest with him. If he's just trying to be friendly why be so rude? I don't use TSR often so I won't reply, forgive me if my comment is rash and assuming too much. Being ignorant is rude and plain disrespectful, I don't think someone being either friendly or having a crush deserve such treatment.

Hope it works out for you both.

:teehee:

Burrrrrrnn
Reply 12
Well, I saw him in the mall and he didn't even say 'hello', so that was awkward. :lolwut:
I don't like people like you :erm:.

Better to be honest imo.
I ABSOLUTELY HATE it when people who respond late (on purpose) :mad:
if you see the message, why ignore it? I can't understand those people
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SiminaM
I ABSOLUTELY HATE it when people who respond late (on purpose) :mad:
if you see the message, why ignore it? I can't understand those people

It depends, if you're in a hurry and see the message but then forget to respond in that time that's a different story and in my opinion perfectly acceptable - as long as you come back to it in your own convenience. It depends on the length of the message also. If you're in a rush or busy and there's a long message, I will most likely leave to when I have time to respond. If the response will take like a sentence to type then I'll try and send it when I see the message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending