The Student Room Group

Where and how did you meet your partner ?

Scroll to see replies

I started speaking to my partner about 15 months ago and we started our relationship only 4 months ago after meeting each other and we really got along!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I met my husband on match.com (I was told to just go on a date with anyone to help with the nerves - he was my first and only date - we went to different schools in the same area and a year apart and never knew, his dad went to school with my mum)
why not ask your crush for a coffee or to discuss part of the course? you don't know till you try, they may not be your forever person but being happy for a while with someone is better than being alone and wondering 'what if'
Download Festival Last year, Long distance for another few months then she moves to England and we are getting a place Together! Its tough but we see each other a couple of times a month.
I met my boyfriend at uni. We had a mutual friend, so actually ended up in the same house-share in second year. Our rooms were on the same floor of the house, so we ended up talking quite a lot. I realised I liked him, and my friend from home convinced me to tell him how I felt. He felt the same way, and we are still together over 6 years later.

I studied in the US in my third year, so we survived 10 months apart too. Aside from that year, we have always lived together. So glad we never had that apprehension about moving in together.
At work.. a week after I started I was invited to leaving drinks, I wasn't going to go because I didn't really know anyone but was persuaded by a woman I work with that it'd be a good opportunity to get to know my colleagues.
So I went, noticed that he kept looking at me from across the room and smiling..I got the impression he was quite shy, so I approached him. Been nearly a year now :rave:
Met on OkCupid. I was about to give up on the whole online thing, and came across his profile, and thought he was the last one I'd give a shot before deleting my profile and rather looking elsewhere. Had a really good feeling about him, but on the evening of our date I somehow managed to lose my keys in my room. In the end I decided I'd rather lock myself out of the flat instead of being late. (Had to ring my flatmates out of bed later that night.) Been together two years now, and it's great. Definitely wouldn't have met him otherwise, we just don't have a similar social circle at all.
We actually met online (too embarassing to go into). It was over 6 years ago now, we were both really young. But we stayed chatting, and it was a strange friendship to be fair. Constantly arguing, getting jealous over the other, falling out and not talking for months, then someone would cave and message the other first.

Met up in person in 2012. Still didn't get together then. A while after, we finally got together, and we've just been together properly 1 year now.
FINALLY:biggrin:
Reply 27
This is definitely the most random response you'll get... I met my boyfriend on omegle! It was December 2013, I was bored, he was also bored. We spoke on omegle then he followed me on twitter. Neither of us went on omegle looking for a relationship, that would have been soooo weird. I also hadn't been on omegle for like a year and neither had he, and neither of us have used it since. It was totally random!
But we spoke on twitter, then on whatsapp. We began to really like each other even though we were never looking for anything. He was living in India at this time. He moved to the UK in September 2014 and we met for the first time in person. It will be our six month anniversary on Sunday :-)
I would say that you shouldn't just wait around for something to happen. Ask the girl out for coffee or a bite to eat. But just be sure that it's because you like her and not just the idea of a relationship!
We met online. I was revising for A levels and because I was bored I created an account in this website. Two people came up for compatibility. Messaged one who had an interesting username. He texted me few days later (he said he was about to give up on the whole online dating when he saw my message) and we got talking. Went on a first date after few days. Rest was history. In few months it'll be our fourth wedding anniversary. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Met my fiance while running bar crawls in Barcelona, hired her as flyerer for a Party Bus event, fired her because she was pretty naff. Forget who she was, chatted her up in a bar a week later, invited her for a game of drinking monopoly (as you do)...paid for it ever since.
I met my now wife at university.

Our dorms were opposite each other, and they had a little spyhole so you could see who was knocking. So I could peep through and see when she was coming in or out then bump into her "accidentally".

16 years later we are married with two children.

It's kind of weird to think that if our rooms had been allocated otherwise how different things might have been...I might have got with the hottie who did economics (kidding :biggrin:).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by chazwomaq
I met my now wife at university.

Our dorms were opposite each other, and they had a little spyhole so you could see who was knocking. So I could peep through and see when she was coming in or out then bump into her "accidentally".

16 years later we are married with two children.

It's kind of weird to think that if are rooms had been allocated otherwise how different things might have been...I might have got with the hottie who did economics (kidding :biggrin:).

Really that's a nice story. I suppose it's different for everyone. Talk about meant to be :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Met him in sixth form, he was in a couple of my classes and he joined my friendship group :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I met my husband online, via Yahoo People Finder, back in 2001.
Original post by akj.latif
TINDER.

Joking, but really how long will it be until people perceive that as a normal means to find a relationship? :confused:

I think it's already happened...
lol met mine on a football forum when I was 14. Obviously neither of us were actually looking for anything. We mainly spoke about football. We decided to meet up a few years ago, he came from the UK to Canada. Six years later and we're still together. I'll be going there this year for university so it'll make it a lot easier.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I met my husband online, via Yahoo People Finder, back in 2001.

It's amazing how you guys are still together, I thought relationships formed over the internet don't last long
Original post by shawn_o1
It's amazing how you guys are still together, I thought relationships formed over the internet don't last long

Depends on the people involved I guess. Yes we're still together and happy. It'll be our 10th wedding anniversary on Thursday.
Original post by LauraRMCF
lol met mine on a football forum when I was 14. Obviously neither of us were actually looking for anything. We mainly spoke about football. We decided to meet up a few years ago, he came from the UK to Canada. Six years later and we're still together. I'll be going there this year for university so it'll make it a lot easier.

What team do you support ? Any uk teams ?
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I think it's already happened...

Nahhh, more for hookups. Not like committed relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending