The Student Room Group

Where and how did you meet your partner ?

For a while now, I sort of feel I want a decent girlfriend I dont know why but which ever girl I crush on at uni, I go for her. Like one didnt work out so I moved on to another girl on the course, thing is for this year a lot more pretty girls are on the course :biggrin:.

I have got one unintentional rejection, it was a verbal one I just got the hint as I didnt see it working on her behalf, were just friends now.

Now theres another girl on the course however she's doing a combined degree so I rarely see her and she only does one core module and thats going to finish next week. She gave me small answers once, so I might just leave it and 'wait for the right girl to come along'.

Is that concept true ? I mean you cant really wait you have to do something, is it desperate of me going up to these girls/crushes ? Im not getting annoying and if it dosent work I leave it. My friend says its desperate.

So I just want to know where and how did you meet your partner ? Any at uni ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I met mine at secondary school 7 years ago. He sat in front of me in chemistry and always offered to help me with my work and I noticed he always turned around for little sly looks at me. Soon I noticed he hung about casually with some of my guy friends so we started hanging out outside of school and became best friends and eventually started going out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Spock's Socks
I met mine at secondary school 7 years ago. He sat in front of me in chemistry and always offered to help me with my work and I noticed he always turned around for little sly looks at me. Soon I noticed he hung about casually with some of my guy friends so we started hanging out outside of school and became best friends and eventually started going out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww:smile:
Met mine on tsr,thought he was a massive dickhead from his posts but we started talking and yeah I love him :smile: He's been the best boyfriend ever
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Met mine on tsr,thought he was a massive dickhead from his posts but we started talking and yeah I love him :smile: He's been the best boyfriend ever

met in person?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

love you too xoxo
I met mine on tsr but she turned out to be a boy.

However we became friends on facebook.

Turns out he is in master league and is an oxbridge offer holder.
Original post by Anonymous
love you too xoxo

fraud, MrsSheldonCooper is certainly a girl
Original post by Anonymous
love you too xoxo

Nah you're not my partner :mad:
Reply 9
POF.com
I met mine at collage, he is a nice person. He is not only my partner but a good friend of mine also.
I met my boyfriend in a nightclub :colondollar:
Original post by skd1996
Met my boyfriend in our first year of college, we started off hanging out as friends and then on New Years he finally plucked up the courage to do something about it at midnight :smile:

What can I do with my crush ? How do you think she'll percieve it ? Would she be like why is this guy keep on talking to me or more of a friendly gesture ?
I met mine at university. It was during a Fresher's event that was organised for us to go punting. We were then friends for a year before we realised we liked each other. :tongue:
TINDER.

Joking, but really how long will it be until people perceive that as a normal means to find a relationship? :confused:
Original post by akj.latif
TINDER.

Joking, but really how long will it be until people perceive that as a normal means to find a relationship? :confused:

Not really because its unlikely you will find someone genuine on there. As the other guy said online dating is not very successful.
Original post by IMBCFC
Not really because its unlikely you will find someone genuine on there. As the other guy said online dating is not very successful.

I know some people at university who have entered long-term relationships off of Tinder, but are too embarrassed to admit to it so have created ploy stories for when they are asked how they met.

As for online dating, 20% of committed relationships in the US were initiated online. Not too shabby for something that's not considered to be successful.
Original post by akj.latif
I know some people at university who have entered long-term relationships off of Tinder, but are too embarrassed to admit to it so have created ploy stories for when they are asked how they met.

As for online dating, 20% of committed relationships in the US were initiated online. Not too shabby for something that's not considered to be successful.

True I would have thought there was minmal success online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
True I would have thought there was minmal success online

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it's more successful in more recent years, since now you don't even have to leave the house to be guaranteed a rendezvous anymore.
Reply 19
Dallas 1964

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending