The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering

My GPA is 78% and if we convert it is approximately 3.88/5. Now, I'm studying London South Bank University Engineering Foundation Course. Could you please suggest to me university about Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. But I want to study first 500 university of the world. I'm from Turkey and my English is not very good. I know at least I should get 6 of all component in IELTS.I want to study in London or near to London it can be max 1.5 hours from London. Can you check for me universities in this range?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Email around to see which units (if any) will accept your foundation course. Also consider that engineering schools in London have a poor reputation with the exception of Imperial.
Reply 2
Original post by ozansahanuk
I want to study in London or near to London it can be max 1.5 hours from London. Can you check for me universities in this range?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why 1.5 hours from London? Is that for a daily commute? If so it's too far, and too expensive.

But Surrey Uni is near London and is good for Aero.

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/aerospace-engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Helloworld_95
Email around to see which units (if any) will accept your foundation course. Also consider that engineering schools in London have a poor reputation with the exception of Imperial.

Thanks for interest, I think Imperial College won't accept my GPA but I will try it and also I want to try City University of London and Queen Mary. Could you please tell something about this universities? :yes:
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Why 1.5 hours from London? Is that for a daily commute? If so it's too far, and too expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for answer, I am thinking about Surrey but I'm not sure. I think when I compare to Queen Mary and Surrey, Queen Mary is better than Surrey,you know London is expensive and transportation is also expensive. I have to think everything unfortunately.
Reply 5
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, I will buy car for go to university if my university will be far from London.
Reply 6
Thanks for answer, I am thinking about Surrey but I'm not sure. I think when I compare to Queen Mary and Surrey, Queen Mary is better than Surrey,you know London is expensive and transportation is also expensive. I have to think everything unfortunately.

Surrey is better than QMUL for engineering.

And much better for Aero
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Aeronautical%20%26%20Manufacturing%20Engineering

Basically, I will buy car for go to university if my university will be far from London.

Don't bother with a car. Guildford has a very good train service into London (for weekend visits). Very few students at any university in UK need to have a car. Most live near their university, and Surrey has good accommodation on campus.
Reply 7
Original post by jneill
Surrey is better than QMUL for engineering.

And much better for Aero
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Aeronautical%20%26%20Manufacturing%20Engineering

Don't bother with a car. Guildford has a very good train service into London (for weekend visits). Very few students at any university in UK need to have a car. Most live near their university, and Surrey has good accommodation on campus.

Thanks for answer again. I have work in London so that's why I can't stay accommodation of Surrey. So I should buy car or I don't know maybe I should choose QMUL.
Reply 8
Thanks for answer again. I have work in London so that's why I can't stay accommodation of Surrey. So I should buy car or I don't know maybe I should choose QMUL.

Are you planning to travel daily by car to attend university? And to do a full time job?

That's really not practical.

Commuter traffic in London is extremely busy, and also you have to pay a congestion charge if you take a car into or through central London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jneill
Are you planning to travel daily by car to attend university? And to do a full time job?

That's really not practical.

Commuter traffic in London is extremely busy, and also you have to pay a congestion charge if you take a car into or through central London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have part-time job I'm just working 3 days of week. I know i have to pay lots of money when I want to enter city center.

Quick Reply

Latest