The Student Room Group

Am I being petty / unreasonable?

Anon as don't want friends to see this.

For reference:
Seeing a guy, older than me.
In our group of friends and acquaintances (think 100+ people), a certain lady was gossiping about us. Known liar and **** etc.
I take a lot of pride in social media so please don't bother if you'll just say its useless caring.

Ok, so after this 'gossip', noticed this guy never likes anything on my facebook anymore. When I put up a new picture, he just messaged me saying he liked it instead (which is a pet peeve of mine).
Asked why and he said it's because he doesn't want to 'fuel the fire' and to keep it quiet. Keeping in mind this one lady is the only one to have said anything negative.
He did it again later and I asked him to stop as it wound me up. He said he didn't want to be controversial, and also he doesn't care about social media.
My point is that a) no-one really cares, and it seems petty and insulting to me that he's refusing to even interact with my facebook over this.
and b) his last point is false, all I see is him popping up on my timeline posting and liking everyone else's things.

It's honestly been driving me crazy for the last two weeks, and I just keep being really ratty with him now.
I can't explain it yet again since the answers just seem pathetic. I'd understand if I was seeing a married guy but jesus.
If it's true that something negative has been said about you and he believes that person rather than discussing it with you or not caring what this other woman thinks then he's not worth the time! He shouldn't have to 'hide' liking your posts or photos!
Reply 2
Original post by MissDetermined
If it's true that something negative has been said about you and he believes that person rather than discussing it with you or not caring what this other woman thinks then he's not worth the time! He shouldn't have to 'hide' liking your posts or photos!

Well, she made a complaint about me saying I was clearly evil and manipulative, or something of the likes :unimpressed:
So yes it's a case of being annoyed because he's actively not liking anything for the reason of this nutty (but 'noisy') person.

Glad I don't sound insane..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending