The Student Room Group

A*BC at AAA uni in clearing?

Hi. How likely would it be for a Uni to take the grades A*BC in clearing when they actually require AAB.

This is of course, if the course is in clearing in 2015.
Original post by geeee11
Hi. How likely would it be for a Uni to take the grades A*BC in clearing when they actually require AAB.

The subject that's relevant to your degree should be B or above. If you have that then I see no reason why the university shouldn't let you in with those grades. The best university I've seen on clearing is King's College London and they accept poeple with as low as ABB. I just want to say Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE and UCL are never on clearing if you were aiming to get into those universities.
Original post by geeee11

I afraid no one can accurately answer this as it depends on the uni and how many spaces it needs to fill for that course. My gut feeling is it will be unlikely
Reply 3
Original post by Raymat
The subject that's relevant to your degree should be B or above. If you have that then I see no reason why the university shouldn't let you in with those grades. The best university I've seen on clearing is King's College London and they accept poeple with as low as ABB. I just want to say Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE and UCL are never on clearing if you were aiming to get into those universities.

Thanks for replying.

I am hoping to study Psychology in which I am pretty confident I can get an A* in. I was looking at Surrey, however I never initially applied as I knew they would reject me so it would be a wasted choice.

Hopefully they are in clearing this year!
Original post by geeee11
Thanks for replying.

I am hoping to study Psychology in which I am pretty confident I can get an A* in. I was looking at Surrey, however I never initially applied as I knew they would reject me so it would be a wasted choice.

Hopefully they are in clearing this year!

The issue is whether they want a baseline of B across the board, which universities often do when they make these offers. If you are looking at universities which make offers in points, you will be fine. If grades, no one knows, not even the university itself until results are in, how many places they have to fill and how flexible they are wiling to be.

Quick Reply

Latest