The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra After Accepting Offer

This is my situation:
I am currently in my gap year with A-level grades of AAA (Biology, Chemistry and Maths).

I applied to five universities through UCAS, was rejected by four and offered an unconditional place by the fifth which I accepted immediately (this was at the end of January).

I have now decided that I want to study something else. Am I able to withdraw my acceptance from my unconditional offer and apply through UCAS extra?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leahpunshon
This is my situation:
I am currently in my gap year with A-level grades of AAA (Biology, Chemistry and Maths).

I applied to five universities through UCAS, was rejected by four and offered an unconditional place by the fifth which I accepted immediately (this was at the end of January).

I have now decided that I want to study something else. Am I able to withdraw my acceptance from my unconditional offer and apply through UCAS extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you can if you get released by the university which you have firmed. You can then apply through extra.
Original post by leahpunshon
This is my situation:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you could ask your uni whether they would be prepared to accept ou for the other course. It is highly dangerous to reject the offer you have as you night not get an offer
Reply 3
call up the university you are considering first to see if they will consider your application before you call your current uni to be released. I got an offer through extra this year for a popular course aswell. extra can be a very risky process but if you apply to a uni which you can meet the entry requirements for and AAA is quite good and they have said they will consider you at this stage then it may pay off
Reply 4
I was in a really similar situation, I have ABB in Geology, Geography and English Language, I have just turned down two offers and withdrawn from 3 of my choices because I have found a much better course that really fits me and the more I thought about it the less I wanted the ones I had applied for. I applied for what I actually want about two weeks ago through extra, but beforehand I sent a formal email to the university telling them my situation. They asked to see my GCSE and A - Level grades, I gave them certificate scans and a revised personal statement. Until the uni have actually said that they will consider you and you have the entry requirements it's best to wait. Even though it is really risky I completely stand behind my decision to do extra because I know the other courses were not right for me after a lot of thought. Also it is quite early on the deadline is July I think, and if the uni do not respond within 21 days in extra you can actually swap to another uni or course available, so it might be good to have backups as well
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending