The Student Room Group

A*/A physics A-level students

I'm doing A-level physics as well as chemistry maths and AS biology .
My question is how do you revise for physics? I really want an A but everytime I do a past paper I lose so many marks and it's the worded questions in the unit 4 AQA paper that are the biggest problems...
Help:redface:
Bump
See past exam question, copy the mark scheme answer. Ingrain statement in your head. Full marks if comes up.

:sexface:
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
See past exam question, copy the mark scheme answer. Ingrain statement in your head. Full marks if comes up.

:sexface:

But most of the time the questions aren't repeated:confused:
That Unit 4 paper is a real killer: try to get as many marks as possible in the multi-choice section as it's worth 33% of the paper. These questions are rather repetitive and will have come up in previous papers. Regarding section B: learn the concepts behind the formulae that you need to use. If you do this, you will be able to successfully answer these questions. The essay-style questions are the real problem, BUT you should have done a similar experiment in class (maybe as a PSV). Try to learn the methods (the majority of experiments are proving the inverse square law).
Unit 4 is a very demanding paper, so don't be too worried if you don't do as well in it as you would like. Also, when you do a past paper, use the AQA raw to UMS converter to give you an indication of your grade (for June 2014 71% raw was an A and 81% was an A*).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending