The Student Room Group

Withdraw from French?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's okay to drop a non-compulsory subject at GCSE. I regret picking French as I'm not very good at it, but I'm scared that my teacher won't let me as I've got about 2 months till the GCSE. :frown:
But I hate it and I've been getting very low grades.....can someone help?
Original post by TarotOfMagic
Hey guys, I was wondering if it's okay to drop a non-compulsory subject at GCSE. I regret picking French as I'm not very good at it, but I'm scared that my teacher won't let me as I've got about 2 months till the GCSE. :frown:
But I hate it and I've been getting very low grades.....can someone help?

what have you got in your controlled assessment so far?, just immerse yourself into french articles, music etc LEARN VOCAB this is key to boosting your grade and try practice exercises from a textbook and I'm sure you will be fine.
Original post by rumana101
what have you got in your controlled assessment so far?, just immerse yourself into french articles, music etc LEARN VOCAB this is key to boosting your grade and try practice exercises from a textbook and I'm sure you will be fine.

I've been getting the lowest grades possible for my controlled assessments.. :frown: No matter how much I study for it, it can never get into my head. It's starting to leech so much time from studying my other subjects too. I'm just really bad at it.....
At my school, you can drop it within the first month if you really aren't enjoying the school.

When did you start to want to drop the subject? And what would happen when you dropped it?

My advice would be to tough it out and just take the GCSE. All you can do is try your best. Talk to your teacher about how you're finding the GCSE and see if you can get extra help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending