The Student Room Group

Volunteering in charity shop?

Hi,
Basically, I've applied to volunteer in two charity shops in my area, as I though it would be good to get the experience and would look good on my CV. I've arranged to meet with one on Wednesday, and I have a few questions:

I have an interview type thing: What kind of questions will they ask and will it be hard to get the volunteer role?

Is it a good experience and did you enjoy it/ felt you learnt something?

Thanks
I have volunteered in a charity shop, it was a good experience as I was able to put something on my cv and I feel it helped me get my first job because I had something to talk about. I was on the phones and helped organise collections and deliveries and did basic filling. I don't really think it will be a very formal interview (I guess they just want to see you in person first and make sure you're not a moron) just relax and be yourself and if anything it can give you practice for a paid job interview in future.
Reply 2
Original post by lavender_rose
I have volunteered in a charity shop, it was a good experience as I was able to put something on my cv and I feel it helped me get my first job because I had something to talk about. I was on the phones and helped organise collections and deliveries and did basic filling. I don't really think it will be a very formal interview (I guess they just want to see you in person first and make sure you're not a moron) just relax and be yourself and if anything it can give you practice for a paid job interview in future.

Thank you!
The interview was fine and very informal. I'm going for a trial run tomorrow, and being trained on the till. Bit nervous though as I've never done that before. Thanks again :smile:
Your welcome. I'm glad it wen't well and you obtained the position, wow going on the tills will be great experience and will look good on your cv. It's fine to be nervous, but just focus on enjoying it and be a really good volunteer so you can ask for a reference in future. Good luck and enjoy.
Original post by ks96
Thank you!
The interview was fine and very informal. I'm going for a trial run tomorrow, and being trained on the till. Bit nervous though as I've never done that before. Thanks again :smile:

How did you get on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending