The Student Room Group

Which subject will help me the most to get a career in medicine,Geography or History?

I know it doesn't really matter, but I still want to know.
Original post by Ben Johnson

Neither will benefit you more than the other in getting into Medicine. Pick the one you're more likely to score a higher grade in. :yy:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
Neither will benefit you more than the other in getting into Medicine. Pick the one you're more likely to score a higher grade in. :yy:

What about a career in business and finance?
Reply 3

Whichever you're most likely to get an A/A* in, mate. :P

Although if you don't have any other essay-heavy subjects, history could be useful for solidifying your writing skills.
What about a career in business and finance?

I'd guess that either would be fine; the grades you score in your GCSEs are more important than the actual subject choice.
Reply 5
Also want to go into medicine and I chose History just because I prefer it to Geography. Just pick whichever one you are better at and/or enjoy more!
History would be better, as you do a whole section on the history of medicine
Original post by Leah3852

Not on all exam boards.
Reply 8
Original post by Leah3852

Surely hat depends on whether you are doing a SHP course or not? OCR B for example.

As has been said, pick the one you will enjoy more. Personally I think if you like learning something grades are a natural consequence! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
I do GCSE history and we study the progression of public health, medicine and development of surgery. It's helping me put everything into perspective and develop a sense of gratitude to the subject. It could be worth doing it and bringing it up in a interview for Uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest