The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Primary Ed with QTS (Whats it like?) (What do they look for in applicants?)

Hi,
I am really interested in applying for the Primary Education (QTS) course in September.

I was wanting to know, from anyone who is/ has done this degree, what they think of the course? What do you think of the Uni of Chester? Are you happy that you decided to go there?

I was also wanting to know what do the Uni of Chester look for in their applicants? They ask for 300 UCAS points, what grades are generally acceptable? Are they advocates on voluntary work? What's the interview like? Personal statement importance? What needs included?

Hello,
I'm first year primary education. I'm not going to lie the course is hard work but if your goal is to become a primary teacher like myself you'll be fine. For myself it was the perfect fit as I don't live too far away therefore I could go home often. Support is vital with the course as you do get stressed ?but everyone on my course is fab with that and I'm sure they will be with yours too. Si Poole will be your programme leader he is a star! If you have any queries is always there to answer any :smile:

If I was you get as much experience in school as possible as that is vital they look for 2 weeks minimum to get in. I'm not sure about grades as I did level 3 health and social but B/A grades are the best ones to aim for :smile:

They look for confident applicants. Teaching encompasses a lot of things so if you show you are a well rounded person while incorporating your teaching experience you'll do great :biggrin: they do want you to do a presentation to hone in your presentation skills to ensure you get a place on the course.

I hope I've answered all your questions. If you're dream is to be a teacher Chester is a good fit for you :smile: I've met some lovely people and enjoy my course even though it can be stressful it's informative and gets me to where I want to be.

Wishing you all the best with your application and exams.

Best wishes

Elle Hughes
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ellehughes123
Hello,
I'm first year primary education. I'm not going to lie the course is hard work but if your goal is to become a primary teacher like myself you'll be fine. For myself it was the perfect fit as I don't live too far away therefore I could go home often. Support is vital with the course as you do get stressed ?but everyone on my course is fab with that and I'm sure they will be with yours too. Si Poole will be your programme leader he is a star! If you have any queries is always there to answer any :smile:

If I was you get as much experience in school as possible as that is vital they look for 2 weeks minimum to get in. I'm not sure about grades as I did level 3 health and social but B/A grades are the best ones to aim for :smile:

They look for confident applicants. Teaching encompasses a lot of things so if you show you are a well rounded person while incorporating your teaching experience you'll do great :biggrin: they do want you to do a presentation to hone in your presentation skills to ensure you get a place on the course.

I hope I've answered all your questions. If you're dream is to be a teacher Chester is a good fit for you :smile: I've met some lovely people and enjoy my course even though it can be stressful it's informative and gets me to where I want to be.

Wishing you all the best with your application and exams.

Best wishes

Elle Hughes

Awww thank you for your reply. That has been really helpful. Greatly appreciated x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending