The Student Room Group

Maths help

Hello all, I'm in year 10 and at the start of the year I got an A in maths, pretty close to an A* at that, despite being in a set that doesn't at all stretch me.

Sadly however since then I have stagnated, receiving two C grades in practice tests.

I have mocks coming up pretty soon and I really want to prove myself in them because I want to prove that I can get an A* at GCSE and possibly to further maths.

Ideas?
Original post by Lockra
Hello all, I'm in year 10 and at the start of the year I got an A in maths, pretty close to an A* at that, despite being in a set that doesn't at all stretch me.

Sadly however since then I have stagnated, receiving two C grades in practice tests.

I have mocks coming up pretty soon and I really want to prove myself in them because I want to prove that I can get an A* at GCSE and possibly to further maths.

Ideas?

Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.

Just keep doing more questions, and when you can't figure it out ask your teacher or ask here. Be proactive in your learning!
Reply 2
Original post by SamKeene
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.

Just keep doing more questions, and when you can't figure it out ask your teacher or ask here. Be proactive in your learning!

Any good student resources to help me do this?
Original post by Lockra
Any good student resources to help me do this?

The books you use in class should be adequate, and getting your hands on past papers should be good.

Khan Academy is a good resource, and has many many videos. There are some popular YouTube channels which would be of use to you... hegartymaths comes to mind.

If not it should be easy enough to find the appropriate revision books on amazon for your particular specification.
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest