The Student Room Group

Help me choose my first car!!!

After much deliberation I have finally narrowed it down to cars in my price range which are reasonable and incredibly cheap to tax and insure!!

I have come up with:
- Citroen C3 - £2,500
- Peugeot 107 - £2,500
- Hyundai i10 - £3,500
- chevrolet spark - £3,900

Ideally I want to keep the price as low as possible so im currently favouring the top two but im so stuck!!!

Can anyone help me decide between these cars!!!
Definitely not the Chevrolet.
Peugeot doesn't look so good :P
So hyundai vs citoren
Are you a girl?
I'd personally go for the Hyundai. But it isn't really a great list tbh.
I'd go for a Seat Ibiza 2003..really cheap to insure..
Reply 5
Haha guys can we please not criticize the list... yes I am a girl... and no I really dont care what the car looks like or how amazing it is or isnt, I need a run around for work!!

I have chosen these cars as they are very cheap to tax and insure, they are great for just a little run around, and are cheap to run!! Also I have found them at local dealers for very reasonable prices, and they are in AMAZING condition

BTW the reason im stuck between the 107 and C1 is because they are the excact same car for the same price. its weird really!!

Thanks anyway, after speaking to my dad, and planning to meet him tommorow to discuss this, I am probably going for the C1 as he said it is very practical and great to insure for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Natalierm2707
Haha guys can we please not criticize the list... yes I am a girl... and no I really dont care what the car looks like or how amazing it is or isnt, I need a run around for work!!

I have chosen these cars as they are very cheap to tax and insure, they are great for just a little run around, and are cheap to run!! Also I have found them at local dealers for very reasonable prices, and they are in AMAZING condition

BTW the reason im stuck between the 107 and C1 is because they are the excact same car for the same price. its weird really!!

Thanks anyway, after speaking to my dad, and planning to meet him tommorow to discuss this, I am probably going for the C1 as he said it is very practical and great to insure for me.

good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by hummingthrough
good luck :smile:

Thank you, In the end I chose the C1 over the I10 as it was much cheaper to insure, there was a difference of around £300 for insurance and obviously the £1000 in the car is also major, im not looking for an amazing car, just a cheap and easy run around.
Thank you, In the end I chose the C1 over the I10 as it was much cheaper to insure, there was a difference of around £300 for insurance and obviously the £1000 in the car is also major, im not looking for an amazing car, just a cheap and easy run around.

Between the C1 and i10, C1 makes sounds a better economical decision.

In your first post you wrote C3, so i got a little confused :P :smile:

Did you check all the insurers and comparison sites? Also add your parents as named drivers.
Reply 10
Original post by hummingthrough
Between the C1 and i10, C1 makes sounds a better economical decision.

In your first post you wrote C3, so i got a little confused :P :smile:

Yea sorry I keep doing that it's driving me crazy!!

I much prefer the c1 for the reason you said!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Iqbal007
Did you check all the insurers and comparison sites? Also add your parents as named drivers.

I cannot add my dad as he has company car insurance and adding my mum doesn't bring it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cannot add my dad as he has company car insurance and adding my mum doesn't bring it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should still be able to add him as a named driver... You can be on multiple policies simultaneously.
Reply 13
Original post by shaymarriott
You should still be able to add him as a named driver... You can be on multiple policies simultaneously.

I can ask him later, but im sure he said it didn't work out because of the way his policy worked meaning he would loose some of the benefits of having a company car.

I'm not to sure, I'm trying to be hopeful!! I will see him tonight so it should all be sorted by then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Because my auntie was permanently wheelchair bound we used to own a WW with a lift on the back... I feel the ramp is a bit of a step down here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest