The Student Room Group

How to get an A in English Literature?

So I'm in year 11 studying Blood Brothers and A Christmas Carol for my literature exam in May. I've recently had a mock and I got a B but I'd quite like to get an A in my final exam (although I probably won't get an A overall because most of my coursework is a B grade)
Could some very generous students that got an A in lit share their secrets with me?:colondollar:
Reply 1
Reading. Rereading. Rereading again. Make sure you know your texts inside out.

Go back over your mock, with a mark scheme next to you, and evaluate what you could do better to get into the next level. Identify your key areas for improvement, then focus your revision on them, or ask for help.

Set up a group with your friends, or ask your teacher to organise a group, where you can all discuss different ideas about the texts.

Join in with lessons, and don't be afraid to ask a friend or the teacher if there is anything you don't understand. That's what teachers are there for - to help you with your learning so that you can achieve your full potential.

Make mindmaps, or charts, or lists, or whatever works for you, of key themes and ideas that could come up as questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending