The Student Room Group

Noone cares about the plight of men when they don't have money

I saw this great video the other day by a radio dj in New York about what it's like to be a man with no money and how most women view these types of men. He makes some fantastic points about the struggles for men in soceity to always be successful and have lot's of money, because when you're broke as a man nobody seems to care anymore about you and most women wouldn't look twice at you unless you have money in the pocket.

I suggest men and women take a look at this video it's a real eye opener, you'll see some very interesting reactions also from the women in this video compared to the men. Have a watch and then let's have a mature discussion, no flaming or arguing please I want a good debate, everyones welcome to share their views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJqCHfq1Zow
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Reasoner
I saw this great video the other day by a radio dj in New York about what it's like to be a man with no money and how most women view these types of men. He makes some fantastic points about the struggles for men in soceity to always be successful and have lot's of money, because when you're broke as a man nobody seems to care anymore about you and most women wouldn't look twice at you unless you have money in the pocket.

I suggest men and women take a look at this video it's a real eye opener, you'll see some very interesting reactions also from the women in this video compared to the men. Have a watch and then let's have a mature discussion, no flaming or arguing please I want a good debate, everyones welcome to share their views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJqCHfq1Zow

I obviously have nothing against women or my GF, but one thing that has surprised me with my her, and exes in fact, is that they always tell me "Omg J you're so rich".

Yes, I do come from a very wealthy background, but I'm extremely humble about it.

I don't 'show my wealth' like most do ... I don't drive a fast car, I don't wear designer clothes ... so my partners get very surprised.

I can't generalise women, but in my case I think a lot of females are too money-orientated.
So true, and when you don't have money they don't care about you as this man in the video says so well, I suggest you take a look at the video this man hits the nail on the head with so many points, everything he said is the truth about men and how women view men in soceity.
So true, and when you don't have money they don't care about you as this man in the video says so well, I suggest you take a look at the video this man hits the nail on the head with so many points, everything he said is the truth about men and how women view men in soceity.

Bump
Well I like to think I'm not like that. Though I hate to admit it, society does seem to look down more on a down on his luck bloke than a down on her luck woman. That's pretty ****ty. Sorry in advance if and when this thread gets ruined.
It's that survival of the fittest instinct... Before the Alphas used to be people who were the strongest and they would always get to pick their partners but since our environment has changed to one where survival doesn't rely on strength but on wealth, the Alphas are now people who have the most money so they get to have their pick of their partners...

Thats why women will go after men who are rich, the same with men going after women who are rich...

Thats my hypothesis anyway... LOL
Original post by Bustamove
It's that survival of the fittest instinct... Before the Alphas used to be people who were the strongest and they would always get to pick their partners but since our environment has changed to one where survival doesn't rely on strength but on wealth, the Alphas are now people who have the most money so they get to have their pick of their partners...

Thats why women will go after men who are rich, the same with men going after women who are rich...

Thats my hypothesis anyway... LOL
You make a good point, but doe this make it fair?
You make a good point, but doe this make it fair?

True, but is survival of the fittest and natural selection fair? I think not :wink:

Edit: Unlike survival of the fittest back in the day, we have governments to make sure that the homeless don't die by providing benefits and JSA... so who knows, atleast one will always have a chance to make their fortune...
(edited 9 years ago)
bump

Quick Reply