The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

BPTC University of Law 2015

Anyone who are going to UoL for BPTC this year?
I am, just paid my deposit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks great! Are you with london or Birmingham branch ?
London! Which one are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone going to the Advocacy scholarship assessment at ULaw this weekend? Or has already done it? They're being quite vague with details for the day...
Reply 5
Did anyone apply in the clearing round?
Nope, sorry!
Reply 7
did u take the assessment introduced by UoL? The written and oral advocacy exercise?
Yes I did, and I got a place, but the scholarship I was awarded at BPP was more substantial than the "performance award" I was offered from ULaw, so I took the place at BPP! :smile:
Reply 9
oh great :smile: I have to take the assessment on skype. I'm just a bit confused since I'm not sure how I'll complete a writing exercise if I don't remember all the laws. But I haven't been provided any information on what area of law could be assessed so that I could revise perhaps.
You will be provided with the relevant law so don't worry at all about that :smile: ULaw did send out an email before the assesment day with the particular statute that we would need, so you could have a little look in advance, but it was also provided on the day.
Reply 11
Oh that's a relief!! Btw did you find it difficult or was it okish? Considering the fact that most people have no prior knowledge of advocacy as such.
Reply 12
and the statute was for the written exercise or the oral one?
Written. There's no statute for the oral exercise. I found it absolutely fine - I'd already done a few practice Plea in Mits in moot training and although I'd never written an opinion before, I knew roughly what was supposed to go into one. If you've got a good grasp of what a barrister does, and where you want to go in your career at the Bar, you'll be fine. They're not trying to catch you out!
Reply 14
Thank you so much for all your help = ) you've really put me at ease!
Hi guys,
Can you please tell me about about the skype interview? I have mine on Friday.
Hi there, sorry to ask but are they giving us a selected topic for plea in mits and if yes, what area are they tend to provide? Civil or criminal? thanks and appreciated!:smile:

Quick Reply