The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Why not get a job and work for your rent. This is the real world - the entitlement mentality has to stop.

She's 16! She'll have no more than AS levels by the end of this year and while she could maybe get a crappy job in poundland with that she couldn't make a fulfilling career out of it! She should have the choice of finishing a levels and going to uni if that's what she wants.
Original post by portaferissa
you cannot sign in if you're in full time education

Ah, I see. That's unfortunate :/

My only other advice would be to seek the help of family members. Perhaps they could let you stay for a bit while you work things out.

I left school at the age of 16 and was on my own so I claimed JSA for a little bit until I finally got a job a few months later. But, like I said I wasn't in full-time education.
I saw it before me in shadows of doubt -
My means to salvation: my only way out.
It sat there in silence, and captured me, caught -
Immune to my heartache, and deaf to my thought:

'I don't want a future, ' I solemnly swore,
'Of sadness and silence and loss anymore.
I don't want a witness to witness goodbye -
I just wanted someone to care when I cry.'

I looked at it, waiting, and muttered a vow:
'Whatever. Lets do it. It's never or now.
I'm ending it here, of an evening, alone.'
I reached out before me... and picked up the phone.
Original post by brittanna
I saw it before me in shadows of doubt -
My means to salvation: my only way out.
It sat there in silence, and captured me, caught -
Immune to my heartache, and deaf to my thought:

'I don't want a future, ' I solemnly swore,
'Of sadness and silence and loss anymore.
I don't want a witness to witness goodbye -
I just wanted someone to care when I cry.'

I looked at it, waiting, and muttered a vow:
'Whatever. Lets do it. It's never or now.
I'm ending it here, of an evening, alone.'
I reached out before me... and picked up the phone.

That's brilliant.
Original post by CherryWine
That's brilliant.

I should add that I didn't write it (I wish I was that talented! It was written by a reddit user called poem_for_your_sprog). I just thought it was a very powerful poem and worth sharing.
Original post by Littlemushroom90
I'm 16 and my mum is kicking me out. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of killing myself at this point because she's making my life hell. She's calling my sixth form trying to get me into trouble. I don't know where I will go and how I will support myself. I dont know if I can get a job without my passport because she has it. I need it because I came here 12 years ago and I wasn't born here so I need it in order to work. I just don't know what I'm going to do. My life has been hell since I was in year 9. My mum and I simply don't get on. She insults me and it turns into drama when I defend myself!:frown:

Why don't you get along and why does she insult you?
Tell your school and call social services/childline for advice.

Also if you genuinely feel suicidal, please please call Samaritans or get help from the Crisis centre.
What about friends? Do you have friends willing to allow you to stay over while you sort stuff out?
Original post by Sister kenya
Hi there sorry to hear about your problems,Really i am so your mother and yourself dont get on,d there are issues.Do you go to church at all does your mother In the first instance i would attempt to go to family to ask them to mediate. This is because of all the negative publicity about these so called care services. Failing that if you dont have family members, as you did not mention your father, or any siblings at all . If you let me know what borough you live in I will check out some services for you. If you dont mind me asking why mum is doing this trying to be objective here as there are always 2 sides to a story. take care

I used to go to church but I didn't feel it was right for me. Surprisingly, my mum is a preacher on our local church circuit which makes no sense with the way she is treating me. She treats me like this because I stand up for myself when she is saying things about me that are simply not true like calling me a failure and calling me dumb as well as accusing me of sleeping with men because I'm not inside of the house by 5pm. This always has me running home as quick as possible so that she cannot accuse me of anything. I don't go anywhere apart from sixth form. I don't go out on weekends either.
Original post by Lollypop0
What about friends? Do you have friends willing to allow you to stay over while you sort stuff out?

I don't have any friends I'm close enough with to even confide in. That's why I came here where my identity is hidden
Fam. Fix up. Keep it all sweet with the mumzy til you leave for Uni then bam tell her to **** herself and live your life.
I tried to call my sixth form and tell them that she's kicking me out. I also tried calling them again to explain but she followed me as I was making the call so I couldn't say anything to them so I had to hang up. After this she went to my sixth form to tell the head that I'm crazy and I'm lying saying I have mental health issues. I think it's quite absurd after I've had anxiety and depression for so long and she's always accused me of lying. Not the type of behaviour you'd expect from someone who makes a living from safeguarding children that have mental health issues. My dad is fairly understanding and does not want me to go but my mum is still adamant on trying to get me to leave the house.

I think I'm going to stay at my granddad's house. He lives quite far from my sixth form but I will manage with the money I have on me at the moment. It can get me to sixth form for the rest of the school days until Easter holidays. He's a pensioner and I'd never expect him to pay for my expenses. I'll try to find a way to make some money in the Easter holidays. Frustrating situation but I'll have to get on with it
I'm 16 and my mum is kicking me out. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of killing myself at this point

Please don't do that, it would be a terrible shame. And I know things seem a bit grim now, but everything gets so much better when you leave home and go to university or start working. You're almost across the finish line, don't falter at the final hurdle just before you start getting the good stuff.

She's calling my sixth form trying to get me into trouble.

Speak to your head teacher and tell them she is mentally ill, and is confused and doesn't know what she's saying. Try to be all

I don't know where I will go and how I will support myself. I dont know if I can get a job without my passport because she has it.

That's theft. Once you have your housing situation sorted (your local authority will help you if you are made involuntarily homeless), you can report to the police that your mother has stolen your passport. They will go and get it for you.

My mum and I simply don't get on.

It's not that you and your Mum don't get on, it's that your Mum is a bitch. I'm sorry to say that, I know it sounds extremely harsh, but not everyone who has children is a nice person or cut out for it.
Reply 33
I'm 16 and my mum is kicking me out. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of killing myself at this point because she's making my life hell. She's calling my sixth form trying to get me into trouble. I don't know where I will go and how I will support myself. I dont know if I can get a job without my passport because she has it. I need it because I came here 12 years ago and I wasn't born here so I need it in order to work. I just don't know what I'm going to do. My life has been hell since I was in year 9. My mum and I simply don't get on. She insults me and it turns into drama when I defend myself!:frown:

Any other family members? :frown:
Reply 34

Call the police, say you want to report a theft and you know who the thief is and where the stolen item is.

Then call social services.

If you're really vengeful call your local paper and get them to do a story on it,
Reply 35
I suggest you rap about her.... might make a hit like slim shady
We don't really have counsellors at my school, we have people from outside school that come twice a week and they won't be in for a while. If I do end up living on my own I would like to be able to work but working for less than £4 isn't exactly going to help me support myself so I'll end up not going to sixth form just to sustain myself. I really want to go to university I'm a straight A student which is why I'm so bothered about this. I might go to my local council, I'm 17 soon if that counts for anything

Go to your teachers directly and ask them for help. I know now all teachers are willing to, but go to the one(s) you trust and they'll tell you who to turn to or will help themselves. Ask your friends if you can stay with them maybe.
I used to go to church but I didn't feel it was right for me. Surprisingly, my mum is a preacher on our local church circuit which makes no sense with the way she is treating me. She treats me like this because I stand up for myself when she is saying things about me that are simply not true like calling me a failure and calling me dumb as well as accusing me of sleeping with men because I'm not inside of the house by 5pm. This always has me running home as quick as possible so that she cannot accuse me of anything. I don't go anywhere apart from sixth form. I don't go out on weekends either.

Little Mushroom do inbox me ok stay good dont worry
Talk to someone from your school, face to face. It doesn't even have to be a counsellor. It could be your head teacher, or a trusted/friendly teacher. In my school, we have teachers designated for child protection. Does your school have something like that? If not, please talk to someone anyway. They should be happy to help, as your mother's shenanigans are clearly affecting your mental health and will potentially prevent you performing to the best of your ability in your A levels.

Also, please don't listen to all the nasties on this thread. They've most likely never been through anything like this in their life and so don't have the right to judge you. And, remember, we're here for you.:smile: Keep us updated, and stay strong. xx
I'm 14 and I kniw how you feel cause I don't get on with my mother aswell and I nearly got kicked out 4 times and it's always physically and mentally abusive but if I do get kicked out one day I'll go to my best friend's place cause her 2 little brothers live somewhere else so it's only her with her mom and I get along with her mom aswell so I woild choose her even though I known her for a year but I think I csn trust her with some of the things

Latest

Trending

Trending