The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 6BIO5 Q7 Scientific Article Discussion

Hi guys, I just received my copy of the scientific article. What do you guys think of it?

If you do not already know, the last few questions of the Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 paper (energy, exercise and coordination) are based on a pre-released scientific article. These questions are worth 30 marks which is a 1/3 of the paper. You can be asked any sort of questions relating to the article from any of the units be it AS or A2 so you need to make sure that you analyse the paper thoroughly, research any terms or words that you do not understand and revise the topics that are relevant to the article.

Well, the article is entitled "Fearless Mice and Insect Zombies" and basically talks about Toxoplasma gondii which is a parasitic protozoan that could infect any warm blooded animals.

So what do you guys think of the article? What topics do you think are going to come up? And do you have any tips to share? Discuss below please :wink::biggrin:
I kind of think they might asked, how does a neurotransmitter send an impulse, or that they might ask for the life cycle of some of them haven't even read it all yet :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending