The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Distance Learning

Hi, I have recently started a distance learning A Level with the Open Study College for Biology which needs completion by June 2016.

AQA have a number of schools and colleges that provide exam entry for private students, but I am really struggling to find places that will take me for the ISA and the PSA practicals without incurring huge extra costs.

I have found a college who provides the whole package (PSAs, ISAs, exams) for just under £1,000, I am wondering if anyone has found a way of doing this at a lesser expense?

This particular college also recommend tuition, practices and mocks for the ISAs which is provided at an extra £700 for 30 hours per Unit (3 and 6).

I don't know whether to opt for the extra tuition, or if the manual and additional books (AQA AS & A Level books) will be enough to set me up to go straight in to the PSAs and ISAs?

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated - it would be really good to talk to someone who has done this before and find out how you went about it :smile:

Thank you in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest