The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Although I haven't had one for a few months, (although every time this thought comes through my mind, I usually end up getting one the next day, so I guess this post wasn't a great idea) I suffer from quite frequent nosebleeds, that can be quite vicious in sense that they are hard to stop. Once I get one it pretty much means I have to put up with them indefinitely for the near/far future until my nose decides it's "fixed" (slight sneezes or getting hot can set them off again if not). I dunno if its due to high blood pressure (which I don't think I have), or some other problem, but I've had them since I was very young but never bothered to go to the doctors about it. When I was about 5 I got my nose cauterized but I don't think it actually helped.

But anyway, more to the point; I've often had them from high up the nose, to the point where I get (gross detail following) a humongous clot falling down my throat into my mouth. And I don't mean some small little thing, this is a full on obscenely massive clot, it really is pretty grim.

I often think nothing of it as I've just gotten used to them over the years, and my sister seems to suffer from chronic nosebleeds also, but yeah, when I've researched it on the internet I've come across varying information, from it being highly "dangerous" to just normal, although most websites seem to be informing parents about young children with nosebleeds. If it concerns you, you should probably go to a GP or someone and get it checked out, or if you're lazy like me just ignore it (it might have just been a one off).
Reply 2
Anonymous
Not a normal nosebleed, but one that comes from right inside which can cause you to swallow the blood or see it in your spit.

I had one of these, been researching and seems dangerous, I just had one tho, has anyone been through this?

Hi m8 I get Epistaxis which is regular nose bleeds which I am now being treated for with Naseptin. (Through your doc on prescription).

Your veins are close to the area were it is easily infected and ruptured (blowing nose, sneezing, dust and smoke etc). Blood vessels pop easily and are difficult to heal so your nose bleeds.

Mine got bad, I was losing a cup (slightly under a pint) of blood pouring out of my nose like a tap. I had about these serious nose bleeds for about a week and the most was 7 nose bleeds in one day. I felt like crap.

I would pinch my nose to stop the bleeding, but it would still bleed down the back. Good tip though, don't swallow it, you'll be sick and rupture your nose even more.

If it gets serious you can get nose bleed packs that absorb your blood, but it's best to go to your doctor before it gets worse. Naseptin is amazing and I'm glad I've got it.

I'm alright now by the way, just rying to stay away from vampyres lol :biggrin:
Reply 3
I think these are caused by high blood pressure, or a burst blood vessel in your nose. my boyfriend gets them sometimes, and he went to the doctor, and thats what he was told. go and see your gp, and if its high blood pressure, they will just tell you to keep an eye on it, and if its a blood vessel they can do something about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending