The Student Room Group

Access to Nursing

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be ablt to help me.. I am due to start the access to nursing course in September but to apply to uni you need GCSE's at C or above in Maths, English and Science or equivalent. I have English and Maths but I don't have the science. Does this mean I need to do GCSE science? Or would the uni accept the access course instead?

Uni's should accept your access course qualification. An access course covers all areas maths, English, science plus more - as long as you pass the course and have enough relevant credits for the uni's you apply to - you shouldn't have a problem.
Sarah90xx's response is likely to be correct - I can't see any reason why not - however there's no harm in ringing the university's admissions department just to double check! Best to find out now than when you apply, if you do need to do any resits :smile:

Best of luck with your access course!
I would ring each uni's admissions team, like previously suggested. I did an access course and 2 would accept it and 2 wouldn't. So worth checking.
My uni stated English Maths and Science GCSE grade C or above on the prospectus. But when the offer came in the conditions were to pass the access and have GCSE English and Maths grade C equivalence and no mention of Science, but I am doing 12 credits in Biology so that covers the science I believe.

The best thing to do is ring your universities and ask because it varies greatly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending