The Student Room Group

Chemistry a2 help

right basicially my teacher said that MgCO3 is very slightly soluble in water; one question how? he didnt explain it properly. The context of the discussion was if i were to dissolve Mg(NO2)2 in water and excess Na2CO3 with the precipitate of magnesium carbonate. I just though it was insoluble??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Original post by fineapple

right basicially my teacher said that MgCO3 is very slightly soluble in water; one question how? he didnt explain it properly. The context of the discussion was if i were to dissolve Mg(NO2)2 in water and excess Na2CO3 with the precipitate of magnesium carbonate. I just though it was insoluble??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Heya, I'm going to put this in the chemistry forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Quick Reply

Latest