The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oh does the notes have to be typed up!??
Reply 81
It's optional.
Reply 82
Well...had my fourth and final hour today....so glad its over :smile:
Reply 83
_-Arctic-Monkey-_
Well...had my fourth and final hour today....so glad its over :smile:

Well done mate; I hope it went well. ;yes;
Reply 84
Finished my write up today. I wish I could forget Nietzsche now but he's our set text to. Nooooo!
Reply 85
RosskoWilko
Hey guys I did the Nietzsche synoptic last week, how well do you guys think you did?

I either sucked really bad or did really good I think! I accidently babbled about little things like ladder of sacrifice and the 3 morals for about an hour, oops, then the remaining 3 hours I just talked about good and evil, good and bad, elites and the herd, and thats it really, all the time I was thinking to myself this isn't really accessing his contribution, but I havn't been taught that so I have no idea what's going on lol..

Anyway I managed 12 pages of babble, hopefully it got me through.....

Me too, I can't figure it out :confused: I spent an hour and a half typing up Nietzsche's contribution, focusing on his psychological analysis, his masters and slaves, how the modern world is still a product of slave morality, Christianity as slave morality and his plans for the free spirits, and then went through it making it sound a little more elegant in the last half hour. Then in the next session I criticised him using little bits of Douglas Groothius, Freud, Roussaeu, Marx, utilitarianism in general, and then a load of my own arguments. I managed to keep bringing it back to the connection between religion and morality but it wasn't very in depth and I rambled on for 5135 words.. oops. :p:
Reply 86
Epicurus
Well done mate; I hope it went well. ;yes;

Thanks :smile: I think it went reasonably well - managed to include everything I wanted to I think - examiner might have a bit of trouble reading my essay though in places, my writing gets a bit messy in places, especially towards the end -but think it went alright overall. Just got the PLY4 and PLY5 exams to go :p: - oh and of course the bonus fun round of re-sitting PLY2 :p:
Reply 87
RosskoWilko
You know when you leave an exam and someone goes 'ah man I didnt put enough of blah blah in' and you go 'OMG I put none of that in!', well, I just got that feeling after reading what you said, now im worried damn you :P lol.

Haha I'm sorry :p: Well there's no correct answer to give and you can bring into the argument whatever you want so don't worry about the stuff I've included. I really did ramble on and on.. and on.

And on.
Reply 88
Hmmm I'm not sure if mine had enough "assess" included. I mean throughout the essay I generally found examples to back up what Nietzche said about morality and religion, as most of the time he doesn't bother to provide any himself, so I suppose that's sort of assessing his contribution. I then had about 1500-2000 word of criticism at the end (~6000 words in total) which focussed primarily on problems with his method and tthen a marxist criticism that ideas/values arose out of material circumstances and not the other way round and backed it up with a little Roman history backing up my point.

I'm a bit worried I spent way too much time rehashing what Nietzsche says as opposed to discusing it.

I have no motivation now to revise Nietzsche whatsoever :confused:
Reply 89
Tenoch
Hmmm I'm not sure if mine had enough "assess" included. I mean throughout the essay I generally found examples to back up what Nietzche said about morality and religion, as most of the time he doesn't bother to provide any himself, so I suppose that's sort of assessing his contribution. I then had about 1500-2000 word of criticism at the end (~6000 words in total) which focussed primarily on problems with his method and tthen a marxist criticism that ideas/values arose out of material circumstances and not the other way round and backed it up with a little Roman history backing up my point.

I'm a bit worried I spent way too much time rehashing what Nietzsche says as opposed to discusing it.

I have no motivation now to revise Nietzsche whatsoever :confused:

We were told to make it about half and half in terms of what he says and assessment, so I wouldn't worry. Most people will have criticised his methods I think (I know I did) but I guess as long as you provide some sort of answer for the question, i.e. what did he actually contribute to our understanding of the two, I think you'll do fine. I found the hardest thing with this essay to be linking religion and morality. He said plenty about them separately but together there didn't seem to be any big distinctions or linking points. :s-smilie:

I don't want to revise the rest of the book now either, but at least we've got sections two, three and five pretty much covered from the synoptic.

Latest