The Student Room Group

what's the worst thing your parents have said to you?

When I was 5 or 6, my mum told me that I was worse than being raped. Although when I was older she would sometimes throw knives and plates at me and stuff. Although in her defense, i think she was probably just a bit stressed out at those times. Even now at 20 she still gets mad and hides my shoes and keys and stuff to stop me getting out the house. But still, everyone has some odd parent habit I suppose.

What are the worst things your parents have said/done to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That I am a loser and they wished they never had me lol
"You aren't and never will be as beautiful as me" idk why that one sticks in my mind, that's not the worst that's been said but it cut the deepest.
My dad said 'go hang yourself'...
My Mum said, I'm her property and not a human being.
Original post by Anonymous
When I was 5 or 6, my mum told me that I was worse than being raped. Although when I was older she would sometimes throw knives and plates at me and stuff. Although in her defense, i think she was probably just a bit stressed out at those times. Even now at 20 she still gets mad and hides my shoes and keys and stuff to stop me getting out the house. But still, everyone has some odd parent habit I suppose.

What are the worst things your parents have said/done to you?

"What happened to your face?" It was in reference to my bad skin but at the time I was really depressed and had really low self esteem, so it upset me. There were other occasions, but this one is the most memorable. This was my father, my mother had never really said anything harsh or unkind to me, she usually hits me with home truths.

Every parent does have there ways, however that is a very unkind for your to mum to say that to you and to be throwing cutlery and plates at you :O I hope she has curbed these 'habits',
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Nothing sticks in my memory, I don't hold grudges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
"You're the reason I'm single and can't get a man"

I remember my mum saying that to me when I was about 6 or 7.
"You are the problem"
"Have you seen on the news that jeremy Clarkson has been suspended"
My mum has never, ever said anything horrible to me.

The worst my dad's said is calling me stupid :teehee:- To be fair on him, I do act quite idiotic so yeh...

From some of the posts I've read - Wow, just wow : O. But then again, it's probably just a one off thing and not something you hear daily, weekly, monthly or yearly right?
My elder sister was extremely ill with cancer and at one point we didn't think she'd make it through the night, outside the room my mum gave me a hug and whispered 'I'm glad it's not you' in my ear.

That cut me so deep, I wish she would have said 'I wish it was you' rather than what she actually said. It absolutely destroyed me.

(The happy ending is my sister got through the night, went into remission and is now cancer free, heyooo)
Reply 12
"Don't touch anything in the fridge, you probably have AIDS"

"I wish you'd never been born"

"You're a sick pervert and a shame to the whole family"

"You are a disgusting mess"

"I hope you get cancer"

"You are mentally unwell and will never get better"

"You are a loser"
Original post by Anonymous
My elder sister was extremely ill with cancer and at one point we didn't think she'd make it through the night, outside the room my mum gave me a hug and whispered 'I'm glad it's not you' in my ear.

That cut me so deep, I wish she would have said 'I wish it was you' rather than what she actually said. It absolutely destroyed me.

(The happy ending is my sister got through the night, went into remission and is now cancer free, heyooo)

Woah, that is aa extremely horrible thing to say :cry2:. If my parents had said that to me it would've been really painful to :| I hope you're good now and I'm glad your sister beat cancer :smile:
This thread reeks of terrible parenting.
Reply 15
"You're not as clever as you think you are"

Clearly they were incorrect.
Original post by CherryWine
"You aren't and never will be as beautiful as me" idk why that one sticks in my mind, that's not the worst that's been said but it cut the deepest.

Your parents said that to you?????
Original post by Reue

I got that all the time :colone:
Original post by Reue

Why? Do you think yourself an imbecile?

:tongue:
my dad has called me a stupid baby on several occasions..my mother used to say that i only imagined i was getting bullied because i was oversensitive, or some such crap...i dont remember anything terrible, probably because it's buried deep in my unconscious.
but i said some pretty awful things to my parents from a very young age, so i suppose they are justified.
she also used to say i was spoiled lol...well i wasn't but if i was, whose fault was it?
parents :rolleyes: they shouldn't have children.

Quick Reply