The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Postgraduate Offer Holders 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by wiking13
Received unconditional offer for MSc in International Relations, but I'm still debating between LSE and Tufts' Fletcher School. I'm an American, which makes the decision a bit tougher.

Is it possible to apply for accommodations without accepting the offer?

Yes, it is (via LSE Hallpad). However, once you got offered accommodation you have a specific deadline for accepting it - at Urbanest Westminster for instance it is just 5 days or so. You can withdraw you original accepting 14 days though. However, after this period your are fully liable unless LSE would not accept you (which apparently is not the case), or if you don't get a visa. Most importantly: if you reject the offer it is extremely unlikely to get another offer for accommodation. You can also apply independently for student accommodation...once more I refer to Urbanest Westminster, but this is more expensive (e.g 233 ppw to 279ppw).

Overall, it is a tricky situation as you have to apply early to get a decent room. Then again, if you turn the offer down (because you don´t know if you want to attend LSE) you won´t get any support anymore. Hope I could help!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hello everyone! I come from Russia and have an offer for the MSc in China in comparative perspective from the Department of Anthropology.
I applied for LSE Halls three days ago. Waiting for the reply, would love to get a place in the Lilian Knowles House, but you never know :smile:
Reply 22
Hello everybody!
I'm from Italy, studying in Austria and got an offer for MSc IPE. Anybody else? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Hugmepls
From Austria, offer for MSc Economic History and confirmed for a room at urbanest Westminster :smile:

Are you studying at the WU Vienna?
Reply 24
Hi, I got an offer for MSC Social Policy and Planning. I'm from Spain.
Original post by totalpatzer
我好鐘意香港! Thanks for the reply once again! Your profile is really impressive!

You would get the offer :smile:. Please let me know if you have the response.

btw, which stream did u apply? and where are u come from and studying? I am quite curious that u know chinese words...
Just got my offer for Lilian Knowles single room! So excited, that was my first choice :biggrin:
I formally accepted it, but could anyone advice me on this: am I right to think that I will need to pay the reservation fee in Mid-April, when I get a formal letter from Sanctuary Students? My offer does not specify the room number and/or the exact room fee, only the length of my contract.
Original post by johnlich369
You would get the offer :smile:. Please let me know if you have the response.

btw, which stream did u apply? and where are u come from and studying? I am quite curious that u know chinese words...

I am from Singapore thus the ability to speak/write mandarin and understand/speak some dialects! I graduated from the University of London International Programme with a first and applied for decision sciences stream as first choice and OR stream as second choice.

Hong Kong is a brilliant place. Just went there for a holiday not too long ago!
Original post by totalpatzer
I am from Singapore thus the ability to speak/write mandarin and understand/speak some dialects! I graduated from the University of London International Programme with a first and applied for decision sciences stream as first choice and OR stream as second choice.

Hong Kong is a brilliant place. Just went there for a holiday not too long ago!

Haha i also took DS as my first and OR as my second choice in the application, the courses in DS are much fun for me.

How many weeks have u waited?
Reply 29
I was just accepted to the MSc in Culture and Society program. I'm from the US. My boyfriend lives in Europe, so we will just be getting a flat together.
Original post by johnlich369
Haha i also took DS as my first and OR as my second choice in the application, the courses in DS are much fun for me.

How many weeks have u waited?

Only in my third week. Going to get anxious soon because I have an offer from Nottingham!
Original post by YulianaRus
Just got my offer for Lilian Knowles single room! So excited, that was my first choice :biggrin:
I formally accepted it, but could anyone advice me on this: am I right to think that I will need to pay the reservation fee in Mid-April, when I get a formal letter from Sanctuary Students? My offer does not specify the room number and/or the exact room fee, only the length of my contract.

Yes you will have to pay the fee in mid april after you get a formal letter from Sanctuary students. And, your room number will be stated in this letter with the fee band.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by smw89
I was just accepted to the MSc in Culture and Society program. I'm from the US. My boyfriend lives in Europe, so we will just be getting a flat together.

Hi! I was accepted to the same program around the same time. I guess they sent out notifications together. I'm still torn between UCL and LSE though.
Original post by anupama.alagar
Yes you will have to pay the fee in mid april after you get a formal letter from Sanctuary students. And, your room number will be stated in this letter with the fee band.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a relief :biggrin: I was afraid I got smth wrong
Greetings! MSc EU Politics offer holder here. Have most of you already applied for accommodation?
Reply 35
Hi all! I got into the double MSc in International Affairs, LSE/PKU - Congratulations to all of you for your offers :smile:
Original post by haloucot
Hi all! I got into the double MSc in International Affairs, LSE/PKU - Congratulations to all of you for your offers :smile:

Hey same! :biggrin:
Here's the Facebook group! Join us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/918397028191625/
Reply 37
Hi Everyone! I got an admit, 2 days back for MSc Human Resources and Org/CIPD. I'm from India. Excited to meet you all soon :smile:. I am in the middle of applying for accommodation. Wondering which ones to choose out of the options. Can you help me out here?
Original post by lilnam
Hi Everyone! I got an admit, 2 days back for MSc Human Resources and Org/CIPD. I'm from India. Excited to meet you all soon :smile:. I am in the middle of applying for accommodation. Wondering which ones to choose out of the options. Can you help me out here?

Hi Lilnam !!

I will be doing the same course and I'm from india as well.

If you are looking for 50 weeks then Butlers Wharf or Lilian Knowles or Sidney webb is the best option but they are 30 mins away from uni by walk.

I heard Sidney is not a good neighbourhood.

I have an offer from Lilian Knowles for single ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, unconditional offer for International Health Policy Msc with a place at Sidney Webb. Sidney doesn't seem to be such a popular hall, I wonder why?

Anyhow I have offers also from King's and Karolinska in Sweden. What do you think? Which is better in terms of prestige?

Quick Reply