The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Postgraduate Offer Holders 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm from the US, and I'm planning to live in student housing because the flats in the area are wayyy too expensive. can't wait to meet some of you in the fall!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
I'm from the US and just accepted a single room at Butler's Wharf. I'll be studying Social Psych. Let me know if you're in the same residence hall or program! :smile:
Reply 62
Hello lovely people from around the world! I am from South Korea and I hold an offer for MSc International Relations--anyone else?? I was really surprised when I got my acceptance letter yesterday because I had applied pretty late and had not been very hopeful. Just thinking about LSE and London gets me so happy and excited :smile:

+ I have been considering taking a gap year after four exhausting years of undergrad. Does anyone know whether it's hard to defer for a year? Cheers!

+Also anyone know if we have a facebook group for offer holders yet?
Finally! You know i've been reading posts on student rooms since September looking for someone who is applying or been accepted in the same department as me.

I've been accepted on to social psych too :smile:. Did you get the email about the facebook group?

Born and raised in London so if anybody needs some hints and tips on accommodation, things to do or anything else I'm your man.
Original post by CellyRanks
Finally! You know i've been reading posts on student rooms since September looking for someone who is applying or been accepted in the same department as me.

I've been accepted on to social psych too :smile:. Did you get the email about the facebook group?

Born and raised in London so if anybody needs some hints and tips on accommodation, things to do or anything else I'm your man.

Hey

Congrats !!

I would like to know about areas where Sidney webb and Lilian knowles are located ? How safe is it ? Which is good in comparison ?

Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anupama.alagar
Hey

Congrats !!

I would like to know about areas where Sidney webb and Lilian knowles are located ? How safe is it ? Which is good in comparison ?

Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey

Its all about your perspective of what safe means but...

Lillian Knowles is between Shoreditch and Liverpool St. Its a fantastic location if your into clubs and bars and you want to make the most of the night life. Theres also lots of nice restaurants and coffee shops. Shoreditch is essentially a hipsters paradise. However the night life brings with it some crime related to the night time economy. But overall i'd say its a safe place. Liverpool St is a financial/professional district and you'll see lots of people in suits either hurrying to/from work or buying coffee. Its always very busy. Lillian KNowles is NOT within walking distance from campus and takes about 20min on a train (which is expensive) or 30 min on a bus.

Sidney Webb is in south London, near to London bridge. I have to admit i don't know much about the area, although London bridge itself is nice (the Shard is next door) and you'll be near the Southbank centre and within walking distance of a number of London landmarks. Its also NOT within walking distance from LSE but about the same journey time on the bus as Lilian Knowles. Theres much less crime there overall but that's because there's less of a night time economy.

If it were me i'd live in Lillian Knowles. But thats just my opinion. If you want a quieter life then Sidney is better

You can compare crime in the two areas using the link below. Remember its not the amount of crime, but the type of crime that you need to think about if safety is your biggest issue.

crime-statistics.co.uk/compare/postcodes/SE14Ww+E16HQ

Hope that helps
Original post by CellyRanks
Hey

Its all about your perspective of what safe means but...

Lillian Knowles is between Shoreditch and Liverpool St. Its a fantastic location if your into clubs and bars and you want to make the most of the night life. Theres also lots of nice restaurants and coffee shops. Shoreditch is essentially a hipsters paradise. However the night life brings with it some crime related to the night time economy. But overall i'd say its a safe place. Liverpool St is a financial/professional district and you'll see lots of people in suits either hurrying to/from work or buying coffee. Its always very busy. Lillian KNowles is NOT within walking distance from campus and takes about 20min on a train (which is expensive) or 30 min on a bus.

Sidney Webb is in south London, near to London bridge. I have to admit i don't know much about the area, although London bridge itself is nice (the Shard is next door) and you'll be near the Southbank centre and within walking distance of a number of London landmarks. Its also NOT within walking distance from LSE but about the same journey time on the bus as Lilian Knowles. Theres much less crime there overall but that's because there's less of a night time economy.

If it were me i'd live in Lillian Knowles. But thats just my opinion. If you want a quieter life then Sidney is better

You can compare crime in the two areas using the link below. Remember its not the amount of crime, but the type of crime that you need to think about if safety is your biggest issue.

crime-statistics.co.uk/compare/postcodes/SE14Ww+E16HQ

Hope that helps

Thanks a lot for the information !! :smile:
Anyone looking to swap for 50 weeks Lilian Knowles single ensuite? I would prefer twin share butler's wharf or single ensuite / sidney webb .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Hello,
I hold an offer for MSc Finance, I'm from Korea and am currently living in HK.
I'm deciding on which halls to apply to. The Urbanest Westminster hall looks nice but I don't have the option to select it as my preference on Hallpad..
Does anyone know if this means the halls are already full? Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Have only just managed to apply for accommodation. Bit gutted that they've changed the system this year so you can only apply for the same contract length as it meant it didn't allow me to put both Lillian Knowles and Rosebery down :frown: so fingers crossed for Lillian Knowles...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scratch that - been offered Lillian Knowles :biggrin: has anyone been contacted by Sanctuary Housing yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
Scratch that - been offered Lillian Knowles :biggrin: has anyone been contacted by Sanctuary Housing yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent me an email two weeks ago. I had to fill in another application for my room, but I think it was only a formal thing to do. Anyways, I also paid my safety deposit and accepted the contract.
Original post by svfi
They sent me an email two weeks ago. I had to fill in another application for my room, but I think it was only a formal thing to do. Anyways, I also paid my safety deposit and accepted the contract.

Here they say that they will contact you mid-may after you filled out the next application:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017162264980363/?ref=bookmarks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by svfi

Thanks for the reply. Did it tell you how much your room would be? I'm just conscious that I don't want to end up with one of the expensive en suites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
Thanks for the reply. Did it tell you how much your room would be? I'm just conscious that I don't want to end up with one of the expensive en suites.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No prob 😊 I think it was about 160 per week, which is quite a lot from my perspective, but I feel it is pretty standard amount in London. Correct me if I am wrong because I'm not British. Moreover, I felt quite anxious about paying the whole years rent in one instalment. Hopefully you'll get an offer!
Original post by svfi
No prob 😊 I think it was about 160 per week, which is quite a lot from my perspective, but I feel it is pretty standard amount in London. Correct me if I am wrong because I'm not British. Moreover, I felt quite anxious about paying the whole years rent in one instalment. Hopefully you'll get an offer!

Thank you! That's pretty standard and it's a really nice area of London in my view so not too bad. Apparently there are 40 rooms around the 150 mark which I would prefer but bit worried they would've all run out by now, I never know how price sensitive people are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Choose En-suite size 1, they are the small ones. I got size 2 and its a bit above the 150 pw.
Original post by Lilaclouds
Choose En-suite size 1, they are the small ones. I got size 2 and its a bit above the 150 pw.

Thanks - that's the plan, hopefully there will be some left when they contact me. A mix up with my application tracker meant I couldn't apply any earlier than I did so it's all been a bit of a last minute rush!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! I hope everything works out fine for you.
Hey I'm going to be doing Economic History MSc! Also Im looking to pair up with 2 or 3 others to rent an apartment close by as halls didn't appeal to me - message me if anyone is interested!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending