The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Postgraduate Offer Holders 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fairytalegonebad
does any of you know what times the classes are? in my email it says i should attend 30hours of study per week. which seems too much. unless they mean the time i need to dedicate to reading etc?

My offer letter say 21 hours per week, I'm not sure exactly what that means. But you are right, is seems like alot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by pamelarice25
My offer letter say 21 hours per week, I'm not sure exactly what that means. But you are right, is seems like alot.

i think it means the total hours you need to invest in studying. what do you think? it says 'maximum'. so many hours of lectures are a bit bizarre..are classes obligatory?
i think it means the total hours you need to invest in studying. what do you think? it says 'maximum'. so many hours of lectures are a bit bizarre..are classes obligatory?

Yeah you won't get that many hours lectures and classes a week, it'll include private study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
Yeah you won't get that many hours lectures and classes a week, it'll include private study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats the deal with the attendance? i work and i need to find asap if attendance is required, hours, etc. i had a job offer from another city and i gotta make my mind up this week. for part time, would 4-5 hrs required attendance be ok?
Original post by pamelarice25
Anyone interested in a flat share let me know, not really feeling the student accommodation. Also if anyone has any advice in regards to looking for roommates or flats I am open ears!

I'm looking at flat sharing as well. I received a postgraduate offer a few weeks ago and am not about the student accommodation either.
whats the deal with the attendance? i work and i need to find asap if attendance is required, hours, etc. i had a job offer from another city and i gotta make my mind up this week. for part time, would 4-5 hrs required attendance be ok?

Well it'll be roughly half whatever it says for full time. If you know your modules then you can google their course code and it will tell you how long your lectures and seminars are, it varies between programmes. Attendance is compulsory unless you have a valid excuse and I don't think they will count work as one! And if you're an international student they're particularly tough on attendance because of all the bogus visas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
Well it'll be roughly half whatever it says for full time. If you know your modules then you can google their course code and it will tell you how long your lectures and seminars are, it varies between programmes. Attendance is compulsory unless you have a valid excuse and I don't think they will count work as one! And if you're an international student they're particularly tough on attendance because of all the bogus visas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i see lectures are not obligatory to attend. and ive checked all modules and i see they have lectures and seminars. they say 15hrs of seminars per semester. which is like 1,5 hrs per week. so if i take 2 modules per semester, it will be 3 hrs per week for seminars. not that bad
Hey everyone, MSc Economic History here. I was wondering whether anyone has advice on accommodation. Is uni accommodation the cheapest option or would sharing a flat be cheaper?
HI,

Have been offered accommodation at Northumberland House. Was wondering if any would have any thoughts on the pros and cons of living in a mixed halls with undergrads?

Also any has been offered a place there too?
Need to make a decision soon!

Thank you :wink:
Hi, does anyone know if I'll still get my deposit back if I decline LSE housing? also, is it possible to find someone on the waiting list to take over my room, or does LSE not allow that? Thanks!
Original post by paperstars123
Hi, does anyone know if I'll still get my deposit back if I decline LSE housing? also, is it possible to find someone on the waiting list to take over my room, or does LSE not allow that? Thanks!

If you send an email to the accomodation or residence before sep 1st they will refund your deposit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, was wondering if anyone is interested in a room in backside (male shared) for only £140 a week. It's easy because dinner is included. My roommate is really nice.

I have to move back home for money reasons but I am really happy with the hall.

PM me for more info.
*bankside lol
Hi. I am Raagini from India. will join MSc HR O CIPD in 2016-17. i am really confused about accomodation. as of now only Lilian Knowles & Sidney Webb are available options. Can you please share with your experience which one should I choose ? I believe LK has lot of noise due to construction ?
Reply 114
Hi! I'll be studying Organisational and Social Psychology this year. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find it?

Original post by CellyRanks
Finally! You know i've been reading posts on student rooms since September looking for someone who is applying or been accepted in the same department as me.

I've been accepted on to social psych too :smile:. Did you get the email about the facebook group?

Born and raised in London so if anybody needs some hints and tips on accommodation, things to do or anything else I'm your man.
Reply 115
Hi all. Does anyone have the solutions to the past papers for EC402 Econometrics. If so please contact me or send me a PM and I am willing to buy them for it. URGENT. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending