The Student Room Group

History students chat & discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Protégé
That's too bad. Some questions are awful, like the ones that are obscure and barely have anything decent you can write about them. I think most questions are alright, but there are one or two questions that would have stumped me if I took them. I got a B last year in History, I just want to retain my B and continue. It would be very unlikely for me to get an A or A*.

Good luck I'm sure you'll do great!
Reply 61
Original post by EllieO
Level: A2
Subjects studying: British monarchy: the crisis of state 1642–1689 and the Portuguese Age of Discovery for my coursework (which is going... slowly!) (AQA)
Favourite period/aspect of history: idk I do love my coursework topic, it seems so unfair that I was born too late to explore, so I like reliving this magical period, when everything was new and exciting, through reading and stuff. Also, I'm going to Portugal on holiday this year, hopefully we'll visit some historic sites in between sunbathing and sunbathing!

Hi! I'm also doing British monarchy 1642-89. How u feeling about the exam on Friday??
Reply 62
Original post by KaurNav
Hi! I'm also doing British monarchy 1642-89. How u feeling about the exam on Friday??

Hi, I'm sorry I only just saw this. How did you find the exam? Personally, I think it went okay but I feel like my analysis/judgement wasn't amazing because its so diffult to write two essays in an hour and a half, let alone plan them with multiple layers of analysis that flows through. So I think it went as well as it could've done, unless I planned and written the exact questions before.

P.S I did 1 and 3 (Restoration and theme). Also, its totally fine if you don't want to reply, I know some people hate talking about exams they've just done!
Reply 63
Original post by EllieO
Hi, I'm sorry I only just saw this. How did you find the exam? Personally, I think it went okay but I feel like my analysis/judgement wasn't amazing because its so diffult to write two essays in an hour and a half, let alone plan them with multiple layers of analysis that flows through. So I think it went as well as it could've done, unless I planned and written the exact questions before.

P.S I did 1 and 3 (Restoration and theme). Also, its totally fine if you don't want to reply, I know some people hate talking about exams they've just done!

I did q1 and 2,

What did you include and judgement for question 1? I think the exam was quite nice i managed about 3/4 pages on them both, i think the grade boundries will be high though😐
Level: A-level - OCR
Studying: The Mid-Tudor Crisis, Crusades and the Crusader States for AS, and Russia (1800s - 1990s)
Favourite aspect: World War One.

I'm currently struggling to figure out what coursework question to do, so any help might be appreciated?
Reply 65
Original post by Abbey15
I did q1 and 2,

What did you include and judgement for question 1? I think the exam was quite nice i managed about 3/4 pages on them both, i think the grade boundries will be high though😐

For the Restoration qu I talked about Charles II's aims and the Declaration of Breda in the introduction and at the same time introducing my paragraphs: constitution, material grievances and religious settlement.

In the constitution paragraph I talked about how Charles promised to rule as a traditional monarch with a Parliament in the DofB, but he then took total control of the militia, had free reign over finances (even though they couldn't be raised) and use a Clarendon as a scapegoat which highlighted the conflict between the Crown and Parliament. Overall, was a failure but was too powerful/absolutist to challenge.
In the material grievences I talked about how Charles satisfied both the Royalists by giving them land settlement and the army by giving them arrears and indemnity. So a massive success as it removed opposition.
And in the religious section I talked about how the nonconformists wanted toleration but didn't get any because of the conventicle act --> Venner's rising/Northern Rising. Also, about how Charles wanted to strengthen Anglicanism but didn't because of the Act of Uniformity which led to the Great Ejection. Big ol' failure.

Overall, success though because biggest opposition (pissed off Royalists and the army) were satisfied. Those who opposed Charles' unconstitutional rule were too weak to do anything, as were nonconformists and Anglicans.

I honestly cannot remember how much I wrote, but 3 sides is about average for me as I write pretty concisely. And yeah most people seem to find the exam okay/write enough, so for sure I think it will be harder to get an A :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Level: A-level - OCR
Studying: The Mid-Tudor Crisis, Crusades and the Crusader States for AS, and Russia (1800s - 1990s)
Favourite aspect: World War One.

I'm currently struggling to figure out what coursework question to do, so any help might be appreciated?

Make sure you pick a topic you are really REALLY interested in , don't just choose the French Revolution or American Civil War because everyone does it and its easy to find arguments for. I promise you when you are frantically trying to complete you 1st/2nd/final draft at 2am and struggling to find the motivation it would really help your resolve if you chose a topic that is both feasible and fun for you!
I'm thinking of doing the coursework on China specifically China's revolution but I'm not too sure where to start or what questions to base it on.
Original post by EllieO
Make sure you pick a topic you are really REALLY interested in , don't just choose the French Revolution or American Civil War because everyone does it and its easy to find arguments for. I promise you when you are frantically trying to complete you 1st/2nd/final draft at 2am and struggling to find the motivation it would really help your resolve if you chose a topic that is both feasible and fun for you!

Thanks for the advice! I gave it some thought, and I've ended up choosing WW1 - more specifically my question is: Lions led by donkeys; To what extent is this statement about the leadership in World War 1 accurate?
Can someone please tell me or give me a bit of information about a level history and/or what it's like please
can some one please help me with some ideas for A2 level 100 years history coursework. My first idea for the coursework was to do Ancient Egypt 18th dynasty but AQA didn't approve it and now I'm so stuck i have no idea what to do. Please anybody could you help me out :s-smilie:
Having problems with your homework? Please visit our website to get instant professional help. Essayacer.wordpress.com
make an order and get a high quality paper
Having problems with your homework? Please visit our website to get instant professional help. Essayacer.wordpress.com
make an order and get a high quality paper
Original post by carliecarliecarl
Hey guys! I am new at doing A level History. Can anyone provide me free resources online about Option 1G: Germany and West Germany, 1918-1989.
and Option 2G.2: Spain, 1930-78: republicanism, Francoism and the re-establishment of democracy. I am doing the new EDEXCEL specification and our History teacher said the EDEXCEL books are not enough to revise from as they are only summarised and basic. Thanks :smile:

does anyone have any resources for this??
does anyone have any resources for Spain edexcel? im really stuck
Original post by EllieO

Hey I did the same questions and feel the same. Although I feel i messed up terribly on the latter question. I defined constitutional monarchy as a government in which the monarchy has equal power to Parliament
I do Early Modern History at A2 level:
The Tudors
Martin Luther & the German/Protestant Reformation
Wars of the Roses

- Have done paper 1, & have Luther on Friday :hmpf:
Paper 3 in two weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending