The Student Room Group

Desperately want to stop eating

I've seen how skinny people get when they don't eat, and it looks so great. I'm a size ten/twelve, and I weigh about 10 stone. Ideally, I'd like to weigh six (five if I can manage). I want to stop eating because I know how quickly people lose weight like that, and I can't seem to lose it through diet/exercise - it just makes me eat more, although I often have the urge to stick my fingers down my throat and throw it all back up. So if I stopped altogether the temptation would be removed; I'm just worried that it will make my hair and skin look bad. What do I do?

Mod edit: Please be aware that advice about unhealthy levels of calorie counting or advice on how to stop eating completely are both dangerous and will be removed from this thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Stopping eating together is almost impossible!!! Your brain tries to make you eat and so you end up wanting to binge eat, to make up for all the calories you've missed! And trust me, binge eating is much harder to resist!!
If you stop eating, your body won't have enough energy to break down the weight you want to lose.
I've heard that a healthy amount of weight to lose in a week is around 1-2lbs. You can't rush losing weight as it is very dangerous for your body.
If it is worrying you, maybe you could see your GP or a nutritionist who could help you out.
Please don't compare yourself to other people especially models. A lot of models, I've heard, go on extremely dangerous diets that make them very sick even though they are slim.

Stay strong!

Love Smiley x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Smileyface97
If you stop eating, your body won't have enough energy to break down the weight you want to lose.
I've heard that a healthy amount of weight to lose in a week is around 1-2lbs. You can't rush losing weight as it is very dangerous for your body.
If it is worrying you, maybe you could see your GP or a nutritionist who could help you out.
Please don't compare yourself to other people especially models. A lot of models, I've heard, go on extremely dangerous diets that make them very sick even though they are slim.

Stay strong!

Love Smiley x

Thank you :smile: How do I lose 1-2lbs a week though?
Check out MyFitnessPal, it's helped me a great deal.
Reply 5
Stop eating meat and junkfood
Fruit and veg have hardly any calories get protein from stuff like beans
Eat everything brown not white u should loose weight quickly then
MyFitnessPal is great but as one of life's rounder individuals its much better just being happy and comfortable with yourself. Don't pressurise yourself to lose weight and do it gradual.
Original post by Anonymous
I've seen how skinny people get when they don't eat, and it looks so great. I'm a size ten/twelve, and I weigh about 10 stone. Ideally, I'd like to weigh six (five if I can manage). I want to stop eating because I know how quickly people lose weight like that, and I can't seem to lose it through diet/exercise - it just makes me eat more, although I often have the urge to stick my fingers down my throat and throw it all back up. So if I stopped altogether the temptation would be removed; I'm just worried that it will make my hair and skin look bad. What do I do?

Mod edit: Please be aware that advice about unhealthy levels of calorie counting or advice on how to stop eating completely are both dangerous and will be removed from this thread.

I've had anorexia and occasional bulimic tendencies for the last 7 years and let me tell you it has been living hell. My parents cry themselves to sleep most nights out of worry, I constantly have headaches, muscle aches, my hair is falling out drastically, I don't actually ever get to feel skinny though I am a low weight, my teeth will probably fall out eventually, I have to be fake and happy constantly and won't be able to have children.

If you want to have children, eat healthy.
If you don't want to be sectioned and be a social pariah and live in hosptials for months on end, just eat balanced.

Not eating properly will distort your perception and you will not even be able to see any weight loss so what is the point? You'll be miserable and lifeless for nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest