The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Best University? (Westminster/Kingston)

Which University is better? I need advise ASAP, have already applied but potentially going to change this choice. I've gone for Kingston, but I'm not sure. Westminster is in central London which sounds great for absolutely everything.

PLEEEEEASE help my lovelies, lifestyle; nightlife; costs; lecturers... everything.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Well, I mean Kingston is expensive for accommodation(just recently discovered) and I'm assuming central London will be even more expensive
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
What are you actually going to be studying? You need to do research on which uni offers a better course for what you want to do, and what the job prospects are. Also, about Westminster.. really do check, as they have campuses as far as Harrow. Not all subjects are taught in central
Reply 3
I was in the same situation but between LCC and Kingston and I've gone for Kingston. Accommodation for Kingston isn't cheap but it's a lot cheaper than living in Central London, I get a pretty good loan and grant and I wouldn't have been able to live in the centre still. I obviously don't know much about living in Kingston since I've not started yet but it's supposed to having good music life, they've got Banquet records who host club nights and have instore gigs if you're in to that and I know there are quite a few pubs and clubs as well as the shopping centre, it seems like it covers all the basics you'd need and it's only a 20 minute train from central and there are night buses so if it's a bit crappy at Kingston it's all still there but I think it probably really depends on which has the best course. They're both good locations, but it's up to you if you want to be a little out of the way/ if you'd prefer having less distractions/ a little bit cheaper or if you want to be involved in it all, all the time/ possibly more opportunity/ really expensive. Just weigh up the pros and cons but a biased opinion from somebody who really loved Kingston, I'd say go for Kingston.
I go Kingston College and do know a fair amount of people who go uni, 3 family members actually went there, they loved it. Great night life etc etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending