The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Accommodation

Is it correct that university accommodation is only offer to students who do not live in the city?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lavender_rose
Is it correct that university accommodation is only offer to students who do not live in the city?

People who do not live in the city are given priority, but you still have a chance of getting it. You can still apply.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Nabila21
People who do not live in the city are given priority, but you still have a chance of getting it. You can still apply.

Hiya Nabila, thank you. Do you know if that is the case for Birmingham City University, because I emailed the accommodation and they said Birmingham residents cannot apply but I think last year it said out of town students were given priority, but Birmingham residents were still able to apply?
Reply 3
Hiya Nabila, thank you. Do you know if that is the case for Birmingham City University, because I emailed the accommodation and they said Birmingham residents cannot apply but I think last year it said out of town students were given priority, but Birmingham residents were still able to apply?

I study at BCU and that was the case last year. I know someone from Birmingham who got the uni accommodation, but if you contacted them and they said it's not available for people who live in Birmingham, then maybe that's the case.
Oh do you that's cool. Maybe if I contact them again they may have a different answer. I really wanted to move out for uni, I want to be a close as possible and have the real student experience. Do you know if students in Birmingham can apply for private accommodation near the uni. I'm new to all of this.
Reply 5
Oh do you that's cool. Maybe if I contact them again they may have a different answer. I really wanted to move out for uni, I want to be a close as possible and have the real student experience. Do you know if students in Birmingham can apply for private accommodation near the uni. I'm new to all of this.

Where would you be studying? You can go on the UNITE student homes website. They control most of the accommodations that are close to the city center campus. There's also one called Hamstead campus at Handsworth, which is where I live. It's not close to the uni but they give you a free bus pass. Check hamcam.com
BAt city south doing a health course so it would be quite important that it would be quiet at night for placements. But when they say students from Birmingham cannot apply i'm not sure if they meant they they just can't apply for halls but could still go private?
Reply 7
BAt city south doing a health course so it would be quite important that it would be quiet at night for placements. But when they say students from Birmingham cannot apply i'm not sure if they meant they they just can't apply for halls but could still go private?

You can definitely go for private halls.
Oh thanks that would still be great, do you have any idea whether private halls is more expensive.
Reply 9
Oh thanks that would still be great, do you have any idea whether private halls is more expensive.

I am not really sure, but it should be withing the same range as the uni halls or just a bit higher.
Thanks so much, you've been really helpful. What do you think of the uni?
Thanks so much, you've been really helpful. What do you think of the uni?

Honestly it's not been bad, of course there are things that will piss you off from time to time, but overall I can't complain. What is most commendable is the level of student engagement. There are so many job opportunities for students on campus that works well with your timetable.
Oohh what pisses you off? job opportunities sound good.
Oohh what pisses you off? job opportunities sound good.

Lol... I'm an international student so things are a bit different for me. Say they increase our fees, that can be annoying. However, you won't have that problem cus fees for home students is constant. Plus you get student finance and grants so that's quite good. But generally you have nothing to worry about
Oh okay, well unfortunately that would be the same for all unis not just BCU. I need to sort my student finance too, how long did it take them to send you course and finance information after you confirmed your place?
Oh okay, well unfortunately that would be the same for all unis not just BCU. I need to sort my student finance too, how long did it take them to send you course and finance information after you confirmed your place?

I think it's different for you guys. But should be immediately I guess. You can ask the admissions guys, they should be able to help.
Thanks, I will do. I can't wait, thanks for all you help, I am going to ask the accommodation about what's available.
Thanks, I will do. I can't wait, thanks for all you help, I am going to ask the accommodation about what's available.

You are welcome and good luck!!!!!! 🙋
Thank you so much.

You can apply for private halls no problem at all.
Which campus are you going to be at?
Student finance wont take long once you've filled out forms.
If you want a flat at Jennens court, i'm selling one because i've got two contracts for two different flats like a plonker.
There are also loads of other halls in the city centre so if you need to ask about any let me know and i'll try my best to answer them. :-) xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending