The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ellie4
Is there one? I wanna join if there is! :smile:

Don't think so - make one!

There should be a philosophy society, so we can sit around and abuse all the other subjects :tongue:
Reply 2
Anyone going to join me???
I'm sure lots of people will- what kinds of things would you do?
Reply 4
Ellie4
Anyone going to join me???

im in
Reply 5
Yay! It's the best subject ever. I haven't really thought it through that much! What do the other societies on here do??
Reply 6
Yeah, why not, I'm in. What do we have to do?
Reply 7
Um, well I'll make a list :smile: And we can have really high-brow discussions on important economic issues, and rejoice at how great the subject is!
Ellie4
What do the other societies on here do??

Nothing whatsoever.
Reply 9
I'll join! Why not eh?
And as the last person said...they don't tend to do a lot. but you get to put in your signature :biggrin:
Reply 10
Instead of having UKL Economics Society in your sig, you could make up a different name, you could name it after some famous economist or something like that.(just an idea)
Reply 11
count me on

ahahahahah
So we just put "UKL Economics Society" In our sig? That's nice an easy.

Done. :smile:
Reply 13
Oh, I'm in if that's okay.

What level are we all at? - I am about to take Edexcel AS Units 2 & 3.

Have we all been taught Keynesian Economics, and do we all broadly believe in it?

Anyway, let's start with those heavyweight topics....
Reply 14
-mb-
Oh, I'm in if that's okay.

What level are we all at? - I am about to take Edexcel AS Units 2 & 3.

Have we all been taught Keynesian Economics, and do we all broadly believe in it?

Anyway, let's start with those heavyweight topics....

nope this is strictly for classicists! :smile:
Reply 15
Ellie4
What do the other societies on here do??

The mathematics society has regular questions and puzzles on its thread.
Reply 16
count me in too
Reply 17
Me too, for what its worth.
Reply 18
Oooh good. Yep, everyone just put it in their sig for now :smile: I'll start a debate later, or dream up some economics-inspired puzzle! :biggrin:
Reply 19
yeh, I'll join the society why not... :smile: we should first choose a name and I agree with Louise_1988 who said we could name it after a famous economist (though this might be a problem because they belong to different schools of thought and it would be hard to choose). so here are some candidates that might be suitable: A Smith, J M Keynes, F A Hayek, M Friedman... So basically we could name it "The Adam Smith Economics Society" or whichever economist we will choose...

so let's decide about the name here, and then open a new thread called "The [insert name here] Economics Society" and then proceed on that new thread with debates, suggestions etc