The Student Room Group

why cant the feelings go away!

i had a crush on someone unobtainable. i didnt have any experience on having a massive crush on someone and so i didnt realise what i was falling into and it took forever to get 'back to normal'. i felt suicidal, withdrawn, and just generally unhappy. theres no one like him. onestly there isnt. yet still i dont know what it is i like about him or why i feel the way i do. im not 'completely' back to normal but im not obsessed with him anymore. hes not on my mind as much as he used to. but when i see him, the feelings kinda pang back. why wont they go away? its been ages....i know time is the best healer but seriously they wont go away, yet i know i cant have him!!!

can you ever truly get over someone?
Reply 1
Yes, it just takes longer than you think. :smile:
Reply 2
yup you can definitely get over someone. however you may always have a deep sense of caring for them. but yes it does take a long time
Reply 3
alter your consciousness, it'll make it easier to forget stuff
Reply 4
how can you alter your consciousness??
Reply 5
Frontal lobotomy, little bit risky though.
More sensibly, just find something to take your mind off it. There'll be someone else! :smile:
Yeh, i was like that when i was 15. took about 2 years to get over him tho.
Reply 8
Anonymous
i had a crush on someone unobtainable. i didnt have any experience on having a massive crush on someone and so i didnt realise what i was falling into and it took forever to get 'back to normal'. i felt suicidal, withdrawn, and just generally unhappy. theres no one like him. onestly there isnt. yet still i dont know what it is i like about him or why i feel the way i do. im not 'completely' back to normal but im not obsessed with him anymore. hes not on my mind as much as he used to. but when i see him, the feelings kinda pang back. why wont they go away? its been ages....i know time is the best healer but seriously they wont go away, yet i know i cant have him!!!

can you ever truly get over someone?

ok well. my first crush lasted five years. :p:

and i generally felt the same way.

<3
me
Reply 9
its getting me soo upset. i see him monday-friday. and i cant avoid him. its impossible. hes just soo perfect. but i just seriously cant forget about him. well i can, i just cant stop getting a 'pang' in my heart everytime i see him
Is a 'crush from a distance' or a 'crush who's a friend'? Either way you could still talk to him (maybe get to know him a bit better first if you don't know him much! :p:)
Reply 11
crush from a distance. but the thing is i do know him. but when he found out i liked him he kinda backed off and avoids me. so now its a distance.
Reply 12
maybe you should act all needy etc. im sure that'll bring you closer together AND make you appear more attractive.
Well on the flip side - What do you do if someone really likes you but you don't like them back in that way.

I just feel it's really hard to not hurt them. If ur too nice they misinterperet as you wanting more - although you have clearly stated that you want to be just friends and if ur not so nice - well your just being horrible. And obviously they don't want me to fake feelings for them.

So what could this person have done to make it hurt less for you - just wondering as it would help me out so much because i really don't want too hurt this person as he is the loveliest guy in the world.
Reply 14
Cuddles
maybe you should act all needy etc. im sure that'll bring you closer together AND make you appear more attractive.

You do realise that sometimes sarcasm doesn't always communicate well through typed words? You could be about to make some guys life a living hell. Funny though. :smile:
Reply 15
its an rather awkward situation. he really is unobtainable. so i cant really talk to him about it. he doesnt know the details. just that ive made it obvious i like him.
Reply 16
you cant really think hes the loveliest guy in the whole world, because otherwise youd probably want to be with him. Make sense woman. (I assume)
Reply 17
And if he was 'perfect' you wouldn't be in this position, you'd probably be with him planning babies and marriage and all that crap. As it is, he's not interested, therefore hes far from perfect. :smile:
Reply 18
You do realise that sometimes sarcasm doesn't always communicate well through typed words? You could be about to make some guys life a living hell. Funny though. :smile:

Yes, I do. That's the best bit. :smile:
is he unobtainable as in he has a girlfriend or is he unobtainable because he's not a student? only asking cos i know someone who likes someone but he's unobtainable as he's a member of staff. but he's only a few years older than her.

Latest

Trending

Trending