The Student Room Group

Anyone feeling demotivated?

Anyone feeling demotivated? I wanted to make a thread for people to gain motivation, but don't want to write loads; so let's cheer each other instead :2euk48l:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah man. Skived my Geology lesson today as well. Life goes on man.
Reply 2
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
Yeah man. Skived my Geology lesson today as well. Life goes on man.

Every Sundays I instantly give up when I start writing an essay. So I end up doing something entirely different, and postpone my essay until the day it's due :colondollar:
My gf broke up with me and my unconditional offer makes my exams more-or-less inconsequential.

I have nothing to do with my life except wait until September.
Original post by sjgriffiths
My gf broke up with me and my unconditional offer makes my exams more-or-less inconsequential.

which uni/course

well done though
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
which uni/course

well done though

Cheers aha, Computing Science at UEA :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Cheers aha, Computing Science at UEA :P

nice one son. i got rejected from there lol. my only rejection. rather go to southampton anyway!
Reply 7

You still need to try and challenge yourself to get those top grades. As of breaking up with your gf, TSR will comfort you :2euk48l:
Increasingly. My biology teacher is pretty awful and I've got to the point where I cba doing anything in lessons :/ I know it's my fault but the fact I don't want to work really annoys me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by boods8897
Increasingly. My biology teacher is pretty awful and I've got to the point where I cba doing anything in lessons :/ I know it's my fault but the fact I don't want to work really annoys me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've pretty much self taught myself biology. I've got loads of lesson powerpoints and additional notes for every topics :P
yeah, exams are in a month and I cant be bothered to lift a finger. I'm just fed up.
Original post by boods8897

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you doing, like gcse, A level?
I feel like giving up and not do my work. :redface:
Reply 13
Original post by chocolatesauce
yeah, exams are in a month and I cant be bothered to lift a finger. I'm just fed up.

What subjects are you doing?
Reply 14
Original post by German123
I feel like giving up and not do my work. :redface:

Join the club :2euk48l:
Original post by kkboyk
Join the club :2euk48l:

I guess I am not the only one which makes me feel better.

:rolleyes:
i have to revise all of additional and go over core AND finish c3 part 2 and p3 part 2.
i come home every day and start off well and then i just get distracted or bored. i start googling "how important are gcse's?" or "can i get into UCL with mediocre gcse's?"
i am probably the most demotivated and hopeless right now. I did my AS like ****, my university application is halted due to official problems, exams are near, i don't have my family here with me and i have to many things to watch on Youtube.
Reply 18
Original post by German123
I guess I am not the only one which makes me feel better.

:rolleyes:

Right before I sleep I feel like crap. So I watch those Oxford videos on youtube to cheer me up slightly.

Original post by guledyaqub
i have to revise all of additional and go over core AND finish c3 part 2 and p3 part 2.
i come home every day and start off well and then i just get distracted or bored. i start googling "how important are gcse's?" or "can i get into UCL with mediocre gcse's?"

Don't worry. GCSE aren't the be all end all. Do you do short burst of revision session, or a long one? You seem to be doing work so you should be able to get a good grades (I've left mine until the week before the exams -.-)

Original post by pagorai
i am probably the most demotivated and hopeless right now. I did my AS like ****, my university application is halted due to official problems, exams are near, i don't have my family here with me and i have to many things to watch on Youtube.

You're not, you can turn thing around :smile: Are those YouTube videos a part of your revision?
Original post by kkboyk
Right before I sleep I feel like crap. So I watch those Oxford videos on youtube to cheer me up slightly.

Don't worry. GCSE aren't the be all end all. Do you do short burst of revision session, or a long one? You seem to be doing work so you should be able to get a good grades (I've left mine until the week before the exams -.-)

You're not, you can turn thing around :smile: Are those YouTube videos a part of your revision?

Videos like this could sort of help.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest